Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2021, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Value of "Used" Ultimate License?

Thanks for chiming in everyone, this is helpful.

OK. After being on a terrible support call with Avid. 1-hour wait with really bad English I think the dude told me the 79.99 transfer fee actually made the version I sell current with one year of support.

Check out the HD section of this PDF
http://resources.avid.com/SupportFil..._Form_2017.pdf

Why else would there be a 79.99 fee?
Old 01-31-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineband View Post
Thanks for chiming in everyone, this is helpful.

OK. After being on a terrible support call with Avid. 1-hour wait with really bad English I think the dude told me the 79.99 transfer fee actually made the version I sell current with one year of support.

Check out the HD section of this PDF
http://resources.avid.com/SupportFil..._Form_2017.pdf

Why else would there be a 79.99 fee?
I don't think that's right. I think you would have to pay the transfer fee, as well as the reinstatement fee. I am 99.997% sure that Avid will not reinstate the upgrade plan for Ultimate for just $79. Maybe they will let you transfer it for $79 but then you would only be limited to whatever version of Protools that license was last eligible to upgrade to. If you want to use the current version, you have to pay the reinstatement fee.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 02-01-2021, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
I don't think that's right. I think you would have to pay the transfer fee, as well as the reinstatement fee. I am 99.997% sure that Avid will not reinstate the upgrade plan for Ultimate for just $79. Maybe they will let you transfer it for $79 but then you would only be limited to whatever version of Protools that license was last eligible to upgrade to. If you want to use the current version, you have to pay the reinstatement fee.
True!!!
The transfer of ownership is about 75-ish depending on currency etc but a reinstatement of a lapsed HD is $999 and nowhere close to 79 Dollars haha sorry.

The fee is for paperwork and what it says - Transfer of Ownership! Nothing to do with making a license ”current” so that was a missunderstanding on your part.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-01-2021, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
...but a reinstatement of a lapsed HD is $999 ...
One-more-time:

$599

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avid-1Year-...EAAOSwZhpeo77M

3 left!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 02-01-2021, 03:44 AM

And to add a little off topic fact: An Ultimate license renewal for a year for a perpetual license is 375 Euro at Thomann and 428,40 Euro in the Avid Online Shop. You pay 53,40 Euro more at Avid...
Old 02-01-2021, 03:51 AM

Yes but lapsed license needs "reinstatement" not "renewal"
Old 02-01-2021, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Yes but lapsed license needs "reinstatement" not "renewal"

You’re right, that’s why I wrote my comment is a little off topic...
Old 02-01-2021, 03:59 AM

Just good to remind everyone, that is the catch here.

If you renew every year, it costs roughly 500 yearly. (I use this number to make math easier)

If you reinstate every second year, it costs the same 500 yearly, but you don't have updates for the second year when your plan is inactive. So this does not make any sense.

If you reinstate every third year, it costs 333.33 yearly, but you don't get updates for 2 years and also cannot be sure there is a reinstatement available when you need it.

If you reinstate every fourth year, it costs 250 yearly, with three years without updates and again, nobody guarantees there will be a reinstatement code available for you.

And so on. Not renewing is a gamble, but may be good deal for some who set their system and forget it for +5 years, assuming everything keeps working. In case reinstatement codes are not available, the next update would mean buying a new license.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
...In case reinstatement codes are not available, the next update would mean buying a new license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post

https://www.ebay.com/str/minhbu209?_...p2047675.l2563
100% Positive feedback – 598 Sales

Based in Vietnam, minhbu209 has been an eBay member since Sep 13, 2013

"Minhbu209 is an authorized dealer for all software products we sell. When you purchase software from us, you will be receiving a legal version provided to us by the software manufacturer.

DELIVERY METHOD: Activation code and Instructions (How to Register, Download & Install Avid) will be delivery to your email Paypal within 8 hours

+Activation code is not registered or activated, after receiving it, you Follow these steps to register, download, install & authorize your software

+This is a legal product

+Products are guaranteed lifetime

+Will refund 100% if the description is not correct

Avid 1-Year Updates + Support for Pro Tools | Ultimate Perpetual License Expired Plan

Updates, Support, and Superb Bonus Plug-ins
If your Pro Tools | Ultimate update plan has expired, this Avid 1-year Software Updates + Support Plan for Pro Tools | Ultimate lets you reinstate it at an attractive price. This plan provides you with a year of software updates as soon as they're released, and one year of top-tier support from Avid, ensuring that your system remains current with up-to-the-minute releases and upgrades. This Avid 1-year Software Updates + Support Plan for Pro Tools | Ultimate is not a subscription. If you choose not to renew this plan when it expires, the Pro Tools software and the upgrades you've received are yours to keep.
This product is for Pro Tools | Ultimate customers whose software is NOT currently covered under a Software Updates + Support Plan."

Check out the Seller’s answer to my question – see attached

https://youtu.be/RMxRDTfzgpU
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 07-04-2021 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
But again I would NEVER buy any software from any Ebay seller ever.

But to each their own and maybe he is a great seller but wouldn’t risk it if I needed assistance etc from Avid.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————