Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2016, 05:44 AM

Default Custom parameter to knob assignment

When everything started I saw some mention of custom parameter assignment, like being able to always set the threshold of a compressor to the same knob. Is that possible? I've just been playing with the app a bit...

One thing I would love on the app would be if there was a way to navigate choose/instantiate plugins. Maybe even have some more favorites.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:07 AM
Avid

Default Re: Custom parameter to knob assignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
When everything started I saw some mention of custom parameter assignment, like being able to always set the threshold of a compressor to the same knob. Is that possible? I've just been playing with the app a bit...

One thing I would love on the app would be if there was a way to navigate choose/instantiate plugins. Maybe even have some more favorites.
No custom mapping. But, you can instantiate plugins and even see your favorites if you've set up favorites in Pro Tools.

To assign a plug-in to a track in Pro Tools | Control (from Dock guide):
1. Tap the desired track tile to attention it
2. In the Control app, tap Channel if it is not already selected.
3. In the Function scroller, tap Insert. Any currently assigned plug-ins are shown in slots of the Function view.
4. To adjust a plug-in already inserted on the track, press the knob for that plug-in then use the knobs and on-screen buttons to adjust parameters.
5. To insert a new plug-in, tap the Config button on-screen (in the upper part of the Function view). The Config button lights orange.
6. Tap the name corresponding to the insert slot (a–j) where you want to add the plug-in. To navigate to other slots (such as i or j) tap their block in the center of the Function view.
The next level of choices for Insert assignment appears in slots in the Function view. For plug-ins, the choices are noinsert, plug-in, i/o, and default plug-ins such as Pro Tools EQ3 and Dyn3Comp/Lim.
7. Do any of the following:
• Tap/Press Encoder for noinsert to leave the track unchanged.
• Tap/Press Encoder for plug-in to see the next level of choices (such as Categories, or Manufacturer). Press any knob to navigate to the next level and to select an available plug-in.
• Tap/Press Encoder for i/o to assign a hardware insert
• Tap/Press Encoder for a Favorites plugin to insert that plug-in (such as EQ37-Band).
• Tap the on-screen < button (to the left of Config) to return to the previous level.
Berkeley, CA
Old 06-22-2016, 03:42 PM

Default Custom parameter to knob assignment

Kyle:
Suggestion for a future version:

Maybe it is mentioned somewhere else, but I suggest that when the user search for a plugin, a search window opens on the iPad.

Check eg how Native Instruments have done this with the Komplete Kontrol software.

The way it's done now it is too difficult to find the right plugins because of the truncated titles.