Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2013, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Features and Suggestions

Some kind of user folder hierarchy would be useful and automatic organisation into genre etc. according to tags (metadata) would be useful, however at least Search works now.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:53 AM

Another idea, adjustment of the size of guitar frames and chords.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:38 AM

Can we start using all the metadata fields associated with a Sibelius file, not just composer. These should be searchable, should have their own lists and the lists really need an alphabet list beside so you can quickly jump to "s" for example. Also please sort out the listing so that capital S and lower case s are in the same sequence. Also need to be able to switch on or off sort to include with or without "the" etc. also need to be able to switch on or off sort on first or last name of composer. I really suggest you look at something like forScore which has all this basic functionality really well sorted and set the standard for what is required for performing with. That functionality and the ability to play and transpose sib files will then make scorch a really useful app. Then all we will need is an app to compose with, but that can wait until we have an app we can perform with.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:40 PM

i also can't register on the iPad version

i am a class room music teacher who will get my class to use scorch for iPads
it's a great way for the students to play scores.
i like the product

features i would like to see;
a piano keyboard that the students can play. it would be great if they could practice on their iPads as they watch the scores. Letter names on the keys would be good

transpose individual parts (e.g. octave higher)

fix bass into tab gives octave higher version

able to add letter names to a part
Old 01-13-2014, 04:55 AM

it would be very helpful if the possibility would exist to create set lists and/or folders in Scorch for iPad (This suggestion has most likely been made before, I have not checked all posts in this thread)
Old 01-13-2014, 09:46 AM

Yes, lots of us have asked for it and not having it seriously limits this products usefulness and it was sorely missed in the last upgrade. And I long for the day that I don't have to convert my scores into Pdf so that I can use it to perform with, but there are such great apps out there for performance with a host of mature features that it looks like we will have to for some time to come.

Last edited by Fraser.Sims; 01-17-2014 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Additional comment
Old 01-17-2014, 12:05 PM

Hi I play bass guitar and use Avid Scorch to learn new tunes adding my own bass line.
It would be nice if Avid Scorch had an interface to audiobus giving the ability to record any play along using daw apps on the one IPAD.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:32 AM

Default Feature Request

Hi I am using Scorch on IOS to study my sheet music.
The software is really great but I miss some features ore flexibility and things which can make the App more useful for us.

- Can you ad a layer in which we can notes or place some markers for interpretation or write something in the sheet music.
Its not necessary that this information are included in to the .sib file Forescore works whit a database and later you can export the file as .pdf

- To learn music as a singer it will be great, when you can use a better piano sound, mostly it sounds like a machine gun the algorithm of imperfectsamples http://www.imperfectsamples.comwill be much better and then the piano sounds like a piano, I like also to pay for this feature a extra in-app fee.

- Can you add support, that we can change the instrument of the voice part, I like to hear this also as a piano.

I think this is all and hope some Avid Boardmembers read our feature requests here.

All the best Theo
Old 02-09-2014, 05:09 AM

Hi theo, you should be able to change the instrument of a voice, just hold your finger down on the stave. I typically change a voice to sax or flute so I can hear it more clearly against a piano when learning a new song. Is this what you meant? I do find that changing an instrument crashes a scorch though if I play it back in music stand view, a feature Sam has been unable to replicate so it would be good to hear if others are suffering from that.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:00 AM

was unbedingt beim nächsten Update v. "Scorch" berücksichtigt werden sollte:

Import von .mid, .midi-files

die Möglichkeit der Erstellung einer playlist und das Sichern derselben

die Ausgabe auch über den internen virtuellen Midi-out-port (ipad), so daß auch andere apps (ikMultimedia "iGrand", etc.) zur Wiedergabe genutzt werden können

merci u. Gr.
TSt