Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2010, 08:27 AM

Default Please help me get things synced up.

I'm looking for some help getting my camera synced with Pro Tools. I'd like to know what options I have or what I need to be able to get PTs to start/stop recording when the camera starts and stops (is this possible?) and more importantly how to get time code to match up. We're looking at expanding our current setup and we'll need to be using multiple mics and I'd like to be able to track into pro tools ( 003R ) separately and not have to just do a stereo mix to the camera.

Basically, I know little about what's required to sync multiple devices. I've never had to use wordclock or anything like that to get the camera and PTs to talk to each other. I'd really appreciate some help on this.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Please help me get things synced up.

I'm not sure you can do it with an 003, even with the Production ToolKit... I'm not that familiar with it.

Basically you need a wordclock generator that take video 'black' from your camera as a reference. Actually, if the camera only has a video out, that will work too as the WC gen will strip black from the picture.

This new 'black' ref'd wordclock will now drive the 003. ALL AUDIO that will be synced to picture MUST be recorded at 48k.

Next, you'll need timecode from your camera to feed the 003 as a positional reference. Once you have it all connected, ProTools will chase incoming TC and be referenced to picture for a drift-free session.