Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2017, 10:56 AM

Default Reactivate Pro Tools after expired subscription?

Hello, I am new to this forum so I apologize if this question has been asked previously or the information is listed somewhere on the site. I did my best to research before posting a new thread but was not able to find anything related to my specific issue.

I have run into the issue before where the payment for my automatic renewal on my monthly subscription does not go through and as a result my subscription expires. Once I update the payment info for my subscription, the product shows as active however the license is not visible in the iLok manager. Last time I ran into this issue I contacted Avid support, was told the license typically is not available until next day, and was given a temporary access code via email until my subscription was reactivated in the system.

Unfortunately this has happened again, however Avid support is not available today and I would really like to record some tracks. Has anyone ever run into this before and know a fix to have your license immediately sent to your iLok?

I understand the obvious solution is to consistently make your payments, but things happen and it slipped my mind. I am pretty annoyed with this procedure for reactivating Pro Tools and hope they will change the way they handle this.

Thanks in advance for your help, would love to start recording!
Old 05-30-2017, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Reactivate Pro Tools after expired subscription?

Welcome to the community.

If this was a Monthly Subscription then the quickest solution would be to just subscribe again. See the Licensing FAQ.

I'll check to see if you have a support case in progress...
Old 12-04-2017, 12:15 AM

Hey I'm having the same problem, and in australia needing to get 2 jobs done. Any tips?
Old 12-04-2017, 01:09 AM

All sorted thanks
Old 12-04-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethglee View Post
Hey I'm having the same problem, and in australia needing to get 2 jobs done. Any tips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethglee View Post
All sorted thanks
Thanks for letting us know.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:58 PM

Having the same problem. How long do you have to wait to use protools after the subscription is active? It would be soooo great if y'all would sort a way to make protools license immediately deposited into ilok when the subscription is activated!

Help! Session today. Don't have a couple days to wait for standard 2-day Avid Support Case response. My Case # is #03377335

thank you!~!

Last edited by Heretiger; 01-14-2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added case #
Old 01-14-2018, 03:37 PM

...Seriously. So frustrating waiting for support help with a basic billing/activation request! Can't access help by phone unless I purchase a 1 time "right" to get help with your problematic subscription service?
Old 01-15-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretiger View Post
Having the same problem. How long do you have to wait to use protools after the subscription is active? It would be soooo great if y'all would sort a way to make protools license immediately deposited into ilok when the subscription is activated...
It is. I checked your account and your subscription license was deposited back in May, and it is now current. (It gets refreshed each month upon successful payment, so an interruption there could take a day or two for it to go through once billing has been updated.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretiger View Post
...Seriously. So frustrating waiting for support help with a basic billing/activation request! Can't access help by phone unless I purchase a 1 time "right" to get help with your problematic subscription service?
You don't have to buy an ASC for this... call and use your System ID or select the activation/registration option. That's a better option for a license issue where you cannot launch Pro Tools.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:39 PM

Instead of resubscribing, I just purchased a new subscription, but now it wont activate incredibly frustrating.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblakk View Post
Instead of resubscribing, I just purchased a new subscription, but now it wont activate incredibly frustrating.
Welcome to the community.

A new subscription would deposit new licenses. I checked your account and there is a new Pro Tools Subscription (for Pro Tools) and Pro Tools Plan (for Space) in your iLok account waiting to be activated to your iLok or iLok Cloud. Best to also deactivate the expired ones from your iLok while you're in iLok License Manager. Hope this helps.