Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 09-16-2020, 02:06 AM

Default Windows 10 Pro Tools issue

Yesterday, I got ProTools, but it doesn't seem to work with my microphone. I have a Tonor microphone that I bought from Amazon.com, and it never gave me any trouble when I first tried recording. ( I have written a list of active software below the post). My computer recognizes the microphone as the audio input (default) and my headphones as the output (default). When I go to ProTools and go to Settings to change input and output settings, it only recognizes the original computer speaker and mic, and there aren't any other options to change.
Could anyone help out with this, because I haven't seen any info about it?
List of active software:
www.skype.com ,
www.worktime.com ,
trello.com ,
Chrome ,
Excel.
Microphone: Tonor TC-777
Old 09-16-2020, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Windows 10 Pro Tools issue

You need to provide a LOT more system info. See the “help us help you” link at the top of the page. What EXACT version of Pro Tools? What EXACT Windows 10 build? System specs??
Is this microphone a usb mic, and is therefore the a/d converter as well? Do you have a separate interface? If you don’t, Windows will grab the only thing it can find as the default sound device, and Pro Tools does not like to share hardware. And if you don’t have a dedicated interface, what are you wanting to change the output to?
Old 09-17-2020, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Windows 10 Pro Tools issue

Audio interfaces need to be ASIO compliant in order to work with Pro Tools.
I'm not familiar with that particular mic, but looking at their website, it looks like they are USB class compliant and do not offer an ASIO driver.

I rarely suggest ASIO4ALL, but you can try it to see if you can get your mic working with PT. You would have to install ASIO4ALL, configure it properly, then select the ASIO4ALL driver as the playback engine. PT needs both an input and output to work properly.

System Details