Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2016, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.5.1 Update Now Appearing In Avid Accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
When did this start to occur? Which version? I am not sure I've seen this on 12.3.1, which is what I am using for the time being on Yosemite OS X 10.10.5.
I can't remember exactly when it started, but as I recall, it wasn't happening in 12.4, or at least not as prominently. 12.5 seems to be the main culprit.
I'm running a big session now with 10 instances of Kontakt, Strike, and some other plugs and *so far* the CPU is holding very stable, and staying low.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMBOR View Post

Also, no CPU spiking noticed either. Seems to behave better than 12.5, where CPU spikes were common. And I do have Click II on some of the sessions. Also Boom and Vacuum, plugins from Waves, Izotope, UAD, PA.
I'm finding the same. Appearance of steadier and lower CPU usage. Not sure if that translates for most.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Correct. Not yet resolved.
This is really laughable, no? Industry standard. We 've come down a long way. Unbelievable. Incompetence. Just compare this situation to other daws.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEng1 View Post
Gui still lagging on El Capitan, and -9173 with 2 tracks and a few plugins.

Protools HD

This really is a joke. Can we get our money back, please?
Old 06-14-2016, 06:07 PM

Right now the Collaboration side of Pro Tools is getting a lot of developer attention. When this becomes more mature, I'm hoping we see the DAW side get some love as well. I'm sure it's difficult to be everywhere at once.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-14-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Right now the Collaboration side of Pro Tools is getting a lot of developer attention. When this becomes more mature, I'm hoping we see the DAW side get some love as well. I'm sure it's difficult to be everywhere at once.
What a laughable excuse. Get your customers a working program they have payed for. If you cannot deliver, you are at fault. No whining about new unasked for features will help you. This software is seriously slipping!
Old 06-14-2016, 06:38 PM

Its obvious that serious development has ceased, and that subscription income is being leveraged off the back of current customers to fund future whimsical adventures in cloud as a cover story for investors. I'm so glad I didn't renew.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Yes the collaboration features that hardly anybody wanted... great way to just utterly break a product for many people that rely on it.

I doubt there is anybody left at Avid in product management or development that knows enough or cares. Avid middle and upper management must take the cake as some of the most utterly incompetent folks mismanaging any technology company.

Logic Pro X is looking pretty damn good to me...
Old 06-14-2016, 07:06 PM

Keep checking the -9173 Sticky Thread for info on the problem.

There were other fixes that needed to be pushed out, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if it is in 12.5.2?

System Details
Old 06-14-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Yes the collaboration features that hardly anybody wanted... great way to just utterly break a product for many people that rely on it.

I doubt there is anybody left at Avid in product management or development that knows enough or cares. Avid middle and upper management must take the cake as some of the most utterly incompetent folks mismanaging any technology company.

Logic Pro X is looking pretty damn good to me...
Yes.. Not sure whether to update now from 12.3.1 and Not seeing a reason to.
I am not really interested in Cloud Collaboration, other than to have fun with it with a friend in Germany who might use it to connect on a personal project. It is not anything in film that I could use on a studio picture that's for sure. I have Logic Pro X and also DP and Live. I don't have any of these issues with them in the writing process. I still prefer mixing in Protools however. I wish all of the fixes where done especially the -9173 error. I don't experience it a lot, but do get some crashes when I do stuff with PlugIns and suddenly everything quits. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS