Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2011, 01:27 PM

Default ReverbOne 1.0 (MS-134) compatible with PT10?

Oy.. I feel like an idiot. I'm usually SO careful about my eBay purchases but this description didn't tell the 'whole' story..

The item was 'ReverbOne', IN A BOX.. unopened.. Okay so far so good..

And I asked the seller.. instead of shipping, can you just open the package and email me the registration codes.. which of course is all that's needed to get an iLok asset.. It was a 'reasonable' price.. Not earth shattering - but good..

After my BuyItNow payment clears he sends me this today..

Quote:
Hello again

So I've gotten the box opened up - I'm looking through the materials here and I'm not really seeing anything that looks like a code.

There are two floppy disks that have a label that reads "authorizer" - one disk is for Windows NT the other for Macintosh.

There is a CD-ROM with the software on it.

The only thing that remotely looks like a code is on the back of the registration form, that reads:

REVERB ONE v1.0
MS134-1.X V1.0
PL***********

Hopefully that is the code you need?
Obviously I didn't put the full PL code here as that's my 'license'.. but -- FLOPPYS!!!?? WINDOWS NT!!??? - Oh my -- aren't they over a decade old???? Is there a serial number he needs to find on that card? Is there any way this item is useful to me. It says on the box - TDM license.. So that's got to have 'some' legitimacy.

I would appreciate anyone who could shed light for me. Back in those days - wasn't there a tiny little card you actually stuck in the iLok itself to authorize? I should ask the seller if that's in the box..

Please -- I need help -- figuring out if I need to 'get a refund'.

Thanks in advance,
Grant
Old 01-03-2012, 05:26 AM

Default Re: ReverbOne 1.0 (MS-134) compatible with PT10?

Maybe DigiTechSupport could tell you whether those old floppy auths can still be converted to iLok licenses?
Old 01-03-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Maybe DigiTechSupport could tell you whether those old floppy auths can still be converted to iLok licenses?
I will email him. Doesn't calling Avid cost me $ these days? But -- oh -- that's right. This forum doesn't allow PMs (private messaging) :-(
Old 01-03-2012, 07:38 AM

Calling Avid and choosing the option for "Registration/Activation support" is free. Other than the long distance charge while you're on hold.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 AM

Thanks everyone for your input. This is looking very hopeful. After an hour on hold (for free -- I have unlimited long distance plan) an Avid rep at option '2' (Activation Registration) on their main tech support line just emailed me this as confirmation of our call.

Quote:
Hello ****,

If you could please reply to this email with a scanned copy of the registration card for Reverb One as well as the iLok account you need the licence deposited to. Once I get that I can manually register it for you and deposit the licence accordingly.

Best Regards,
Avid Audio Customer Support
That's good news. He was a little baffled when I told him the card has no 'release code' or 12 digit reg number but only had the old PL******** registration number. I hope that doesn't muck up the works. I also have to get the eBay seller to scan it to pdf for me on his end before he sends me the box. I still am operating with the eBay seller as if the transaction is incomplete in case anything goes wrong. But at least it's looking like Avid will support these older Floppy Auths converting them to iLok.

I'll give one final report when I have the iLok auth.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:50 PM

IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU AVID TECH SUPPORT LINE!!! They deposited my iLok asset this afternoon after my sending them a scan of the registration card in the box with the Floppy Authorization. Registration cards all those years ago didn't use RELEASE CODE or SERIAL or the 12 position code for reg # that they use today. They just had PL-********* that's all - only number. Avid guy was very helpful and QUICK. Getting support for REgistration and Authorization is option '2' on the support line - and doesn't cost $. (except for the long distance call if you pay for long distance). I was on hold for 40 minutes early in their am. But in the end I have my beloved ReverbOne back! And it opens up instances in old sessions - exactly as I'd set it!!

Woo HOO!!!!