Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Topless in South Beach...!!!

I just knew that would get your attention! Just got back from Miami, and went to the beach today from 11-1, and guess what? ... there were some topless women walking around and swimming and the like. Looks like you don't have to go to Greece to see that anymore.

OK...what I am really posting about is this. Apparently the FAA has decided recently to no longer allow guitars to be carried the jet anymore...they have to be checked. I have travelled alot so I knew better to cause a scene.Although I had to stop my anger as the flight attendant was filling out a flourescent tag to have my favorite 5 string be carried away by some baggage handler who will not respect my ax. Man...I was pissed. If I had a head's up about the change, I would have made other arrangements, but my 5 was in a tweed gig bag with minimal protection.

I write this post for 2 reasons...1st - to let all my travelling stinged instrument brothers to make other arrangements, and secondly, I have to research more durable hard shell-like gig bags that will endure the perils of the frustrated baggage handler. Does anyone have any info that you could pass along. I will be thankful. I have been carrying my basses on board for many years, and I don't feel like buying a seat for my bass. The ticket people told me that that would be a great option... yeah for them...!!! Just had to rant.

Kenny
Old 02-18-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Topless in South Beach...!!!

I feel for you man. I don't travel much by air myself but that really sucks.

At least it seems you had a good time in Miami
Old 02-18-2005, 06:40 AM

You can always go with an Anvil type case,but the downside is it makes your guitar so heavy to hump around..I have one case I use when I fly..It's an old Peavey molded case which is virtually indestructible..You could drive a car over it I'm sure..The clasps and handle are all flush so there is no edges to get caught on anything..It is also very light..You could probably pick one up cheap..I got this one with a Tele I bought years ago and it fits any Strat or Tele..I expect they made them for basses as well.

Old 02-18-2005, 06:57 AM

Thanks Bazzle.... i will start hunting...best, k2
Old 02-18-2005, 07:15 AM

it's only inside U.S....by now
i'm sure a mentally retarded politics are able too carry
whatever they want,
how can people accept that treatment in the "most democratic country",
that buorocrats, who take desitions are your employes, not your owners,
i mean, if a police tell me to do whatever,
i'll tell him his my employe and he take the meals to his family, and his sons growup
out of my money, so he should carry my bags and shutup,
same with the president,
don't fly anymore, or don't pay taxes, until it goes the way most people want,
they live from your money,
so they are there to serve you,
it's absurd 2,000,000,000 million people change there way of living because of
1,000 politics and billionare desitions, or whoever. we cannot live our lifes bassed in fear,
after all billionares are so, because people gave their money to them, all of us, ones they got the money and power, they tell you what to do, so lets not give them our hard earned money.
now, tell more about that topless beach
Old 02-18-2005, 07:27 AM

yoko the revolutionary....what have you been reading lately? That is your next tune.."Rant & Roll...!!!"

Not much more about the beach... it was fun watching all the guys stategically sitting within viewing distance. The beach was beautiful. How about those Mexican beaches? Any guitar yet?

kenny
Old 02-18-2005, 07:39 AM

Amigo, Amigo...why doesn't your post surprise me...you are that outspoken revolutionary kinda musician..Just sing about it. This place is too narrow and confined for politics. Also, it doesn't go over too well, as you might have witnessed in the past..
Turn your amp up when feeling angry...

cheers
>a friend<

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 02-18-2005, 09:54 AM

That's a shame about your 5-string, Kenny...like letting them check your own child in with the luggage.
The topless babes on the beach sounds great...I wouldn't be able to just sit and watch...I'de probably try to give them free swimming lessons, like maybe the back-stroke.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I'de probably try to give them free swimming lessons, like maybe the back-stroke.
...AHA !! and what if you're an older urban dude, who can barely swim ?? Embarrass yourself ? I'd say invite them for a drink...

cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 02-18-2005, 10:36 AM