Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2004, 11:13 AM

Default I need help badly

What are some good plugins for getting that commercial sound. Also how do you bounce tracks and have them be really loud without sounding distorted.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:26 AM

Default Re: I need help badly

Izotope Ozone
Old 07-01-2004, 07:14 AM

Commercial like what? maralyin manson commercial,garth brooks commercial, brittany commercial, nirvana commercial? best way to have a hit song is to write one, mixing is secondary.As far as loud and not distorted gain structure is more than likley your prob so therefore check ya input levels.Now for tracks sounding loud this can be done in so many ways apart from pushing up a fader,compression is one way, delays and reverb to give the instruments there own space, these things just have to be played with and spent time on this is the fun of mixing.
get a cd of simaliar music and listen to it in your mix room listen to the way things are balanced, panned and eq'ed then copy that, always good way to learn how to get the mixes you think are commerecial.to a large degree what you use is never as important as how you use it. Keep on mixing
Old 07-01-2004, 10:26 PM

Do a search on mastering. Waves Mastering bundle, Wavelab, Ozone...

ScottedogStudios on ReverbNation
Old 07-05-2004, 02:11 AM

The full version of T-racks is great, that'll help you w/ the loudness and, the commercial stuff of course...
Old 07-06-2004, 03:24 AM

commercial? try everything seriously, take a look at www.waves.com and www.pspaudioware.com to get started... and another thing: try outboard gear also. external reverb will likely sound better than crappy plugin, however there are some reverb plugs that shine. and other kind of outboard gear also, aphex exciter for example.

most importantly, listen to the reference sound you wish to be able to make, and try to learn what they have been doing. it's not that commercial sound comes from using gear A, B and C but rather knowing what one is doing...