Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2020, 02:59 PM

Default Memory Locations and S1

Mem Locs are an essential part of my mix workflow for track layouts (not to be confused with eucon surface layouts). I have EUCON softkeys that use my mem locs to recall those layouts as locations 1,2,3 (with time properties set to NONE). Now, when I make any kind time-based marker or new memory location, those three markers get pushed down the list and make my eucon softkey unusable since eucon is now pointing to a new marker that is unrelated. The only work around to this is to disable "sort by time" in the mem loc window. Is there another way to "lock" these non-time based locations so they don't move? I've tried replicating these layouts in eucon using groups. That works ok, but now I've lost control via keyboard and adding/deleting tracks from the group is a lot more work.
IMDB
LinkedIn
Old 11-06-2021, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Memory Locations and S1

Have you ever found a solution for this? I'm also having trouble with the way memory locations are numbered differently in Eucontrol and Pro Tools.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:56 AM

I would love this functionality as well. I use several Memory Locations as track Show/Hide and Size in tandem with Window Configs recalled via Eucon. Being able to either directly access them via Eucon (ie not number based), or lock them in a position in the list (which I’m guessing is Pro Tools functionality, not Eucon), would be great.
Old 11-08-2021, 04:23 PM

If you use memory locations for things other than song/timeline markers, save these in higher numbers(I use 50, 51 and 52). That leaves 1 and up for song markers, but your locations won't get pushed down the list(at least not until you use up all the locations leading up to your layout numbers).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave