Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 11-25-2020, 01:57 PM

Default here we go again ( renewal )

Kept my perpetual last time,, either way I have to keep paying for a product every year , that sucks. Subscription i lose my perpetual,, perpetual cost twice as much as subscription. Program is buggy sometimes. I cannot tell you how many times i have had to play trouble shooting guy. Paying this kind of money each year we should have a product kicks a** and a reasonable price. Spent years learning what i do know on pro tools. Just not happy with this get every dollar out of the customer

Last edited by bonzerboy; 11-26-2020 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:28 PM

Default Re: here we go again ( renewal )

I would also like it to be free, but the thing is free lunch usually doesn't taste very good. Someone always must pay the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2020, 07:39 PM

not looking for free but not looking to pay all the time

Last edited by bonzerboy; 11-26-2020 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:11 PM

no ones asking it to be free, we just dont want our prices doubled to renew like they literally did this year. its a good way to phase out perpetual. double the prices of a perpetual renewal, make it worse pricing, then blame people not buying because there was no demand. Then pro-tools-expert will show us a chart why perpetual is more expensive (sponsored by Avid) than subscription and why they are phasing out perpetual without recognizing that they themselves literally, again, doubled the price of a renewal for perpetual users.

hear me now, this is how it will happen. if they outright get rid of perpetual, people will be up in arms. but by making it an increasingly bad option, they can put the blame on customers for not buying in to it and then finally phase it out so it looks like its not their fault, because "there is no demand". THis will probably happen in a few years
Old 11-26-2020, 09:52 AM

Well Said Ramp..
Old 11-26-2020, 11:45 AM

audio to midi, and dark mode is all that has been introduced since i left ... still using logic and waiting to come back ...

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 11-26-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampartthemovie View Post
no ones asking it to be free, we just dont want our prices doubled to renew like they literally did this year. Its a good way to phase out perpetual. Double the prices of a perpetual renewal, make it worse pricing, then blame people not buying because there was no demand. Then pro-tools-expert will show us a chart why perpetual is more expensive (sponsored by avid) than subscription and why they are phasing out perpetual without recognizing that they themselves literally, again, doubled the price of a renewal for perpetual users.

Hear me now, this is how it will happen. If they outright get rid of perpetual, people will be up in arms. But by making it an increasingly bad option, they can put the blame on customers for not buying in to it and then finally phase it out so it looks like its not their fault, because "there is no demand". This will probably happen in a few years
+1000000000000000000
Old 11-26-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampartthemovie View Post
no ones asking it to be free, we just dont want our prices doubled to renew like they literally did this year. its a good way to phase out perpetual. double the prices of a perpetual renewal, make it worse pricing, then blame people not buying because there was no demand. Then pro-tools-expert will show us a chart why perpetual is more expensive (sponsored by Avid) than subscription and why they are phasing out perpetual without recognizing that they themselves literally, again, doubled the price of a renewal for perpetual users.

hear me now, this is how it will happen. if they outright get rid of perpetual, people will be up in arms. but by making it an increasingly bad option, they can put the blame on customers for not buying in to it and then finally phase it out so it looks like its not their fault, because "there is no demand". THis will probably happen in a few years
Huh? Are you talking about the annual renewal price of the update/support plane for reg Pro tools ?? My Ultimate is the same $399 it's been ????

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 11-26-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Huh? Are you talking about the annual renewal price of the update/support plane for reg Pro tools ?? My Ultimate is the same $399 it's been ????
Yes, owners of Pro Tools Pleb got a rude awakening. Pro Tools Aristocrat got a discount. Such is life.

I bought a couple reinstatements when they were still offering them. I'd break even on the first one if I renewed now, but I intend on only using them when I get a new computer or if I *must* update the OS for some reason. The 2 reinstatements should last me a decade at least.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
Yes, owners of Pro Tools Pleb got a rude awakening. Pro Tools Aristocrat got a discount. Such is life.

I bought a couple reinstatements when they were still offering them. I'd break even on the first one if I renewed now, but I intend on only using them when I get a new computer or if I *must* update the OS for some reason. The 2 reinstatements should last me a decade at least.
Wow thanks, the first time I have ever been called and Aristocrat
A discount ? don't know what means the same price is not a discount ?
So to clarify what is the Price to renew a Regular perpetual PT license ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 11-27-2020 at 06:13 AM.