Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-16-2019, 05:00 AM

Default Creating a Soundbank in Falcon

Does anyone know how you create your own Soundbank in Falcon 2? The manual and all the how to vids show you how to create and save your own programs (patches), or multi's, but nowhere that I can see is it explained how to create a Falcon Soundbank...the UFS file, like one of the expansions you can purchase. So, if I create several of my own programs and multi's, how do I put all of them into a new Soundbank such as "MySoundbank.ufs"? I don't see any way to do that.

Clearly soundbanks can be created. But how is a mystery.

Old 11-17-2019, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Creating a Soundbank in Falcon

As near as I know end users like us can't create our own Soundbanks. I don't know if this is you or not but there's this thread over at the Falcontinuum forum: https://falcontinuum.com/forums/topi...-own-soundbank

QAPLA!
Old 11-17-2019, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
As near as I know end users like us can't create our own Soundbanks. I don't know if this is you or not but there's this thread over at the Falcontinuum forum: https://falcontinuum.com/forums/topi...-own-soundbank

Yes, that was me. I was just going to report that here. According to this guy, you have to buy a UFS license from UVI in order to create your own soundbanks. I guess they don't want anyone but the chosen ones creating soundbanks. I'm guessing their real concern is that some might simply create edited versions of other's programs and try to sell them as their own original patches, especially where samples are involved.

I've queried the support desk at UVI on all this.

Old 11-17-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Yes, that was me. I was just going to report that here. According to this guy, you have to buy a UFS license from UVI in order to create your own soundbanks. I guess they don't want anyone but the chosen ones creating soundbanks. I'm guessing their real concern is that some might simply create edited versions of other's programs and try to sell them as their own original patches, especially where samples are involved.

I've queried the support desk at UVI on all this.
The guy that replied over there is one of their soundbank developers. My guess is in addition to what you mention UVI wants to keep a rein on the quality of products sold in relation to their own product.

QAPLA!
Old 11-17-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The guy that replied over there is one of their soundbank developers. My guess is in addition to what you mention UVI wants to keep a rein on the quality of products sold in relation to their own product.

Oh, probably. I just find it annoying! Let the marketplace decide. If someone offers up a Soundbank that's crap, no one would buy it. For myself, I just wanted to put stuff I did in my own soundbank so I had access to my patches on the same menu as everything else, in the same way. I'm not planning on sharing or selling anything. Alas...

Old 11-18-2019, 07:49 AM

SO I heard back directly from Alexandre at UVI, and there is a process to get a license to create a UFS soundbank. According to Alexandre:
Quote:
If you want to save your work as a monolithic UFS file, you will have to contact our Partner Team and draw up a dedicated contract that implies licensing fees as UFS (which stands UVI File System) is a proprietary format.

There's a fee involved as well.
You can contact the Partner Team here.