Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 08-11-2014, 09:53 AM

Default Reason 8.0 is coming

Looks like our friends at Propellerhead are getting ready to release Reason 8.0 According to the promo vid, it looks like they've completely re-done the look and how things interface together. Not sure what other new features it will boast. But I'm a big fan and use Reason 7 all the time in my PT sessions.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Reason 8.0 is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Looks like our friends at Propellerhead are getting ready to release Reason 8.0 According to the promo vid, it looks like they've completely re-done the look and how things interface together. Not sure what other new features it will boast. But I'm a big fan and use Reason 7 all the time in my PT sessions.
Apart from a new amp sim there's nothing that resonates with me in R8. Yeah there's some new drag and drop features for inserting fx and synths by way of specific presets of an fx unit for instance but I don't see what that would get me over R7. Unless they're adding a new synth to the basic package and not via Rack Extensions I think I'm going to sit this one out.

What I haven't seen and maybe I missed it but what are the system requirements for R8 on Macs (and PC's)? Will we be able to keep our installs of R7 until R8 becomes stable enough to use and Rewires okay into PT?

QAPLA!
Old 08-11-2014, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Reason 8.0 is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Apart from a new amp sim there's nothing that resonates with me in R8. Yeah there's some new drag and drop features for inserting fx and synths by way of specific presets of an fx unit for instance but I don't see what that would get me over R7. Unless they're adding a new synth to the basic package and not via Rack Extensions I think I'm going to sit this one out.

What I haven't seen and maybe I missed it but what are the system requirements for R8 on Macs (and PC's)? Will we be able to keep our installs of R7 until R8 becomes stable enough to use and Rewires okay into PT?
I don't know any of that. I will wait until its out for a bit and follow how users are doing with it on their forum. But I'm sure I'll get it at some point not too far off after release. I use it extensively and have many RE's and Refills for it. Always, of course, inside PT via Rewire!