How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 10-06-2019, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
I tried to use the Reason Rack Plug in with BC Patchworks. But its very disappointing because it has some major graphic glitches.
f.e. when I open the plug in in BC PW it shows correct. But when I close the window and open the GUI again, it shows only a little part of the graphic and it is impossible to work with it.
has anyone other experiences?

I am on 10.13.6
Over on the GS thread about the new Reason there's a fellow who had supposedly has delay compensation issues running Reason Rack inside Patchwork because he runs Harrison Mixbus as his daw and it doesn't support vst3.

It's a shame Reason isn't available in au now although that's coming. I have to wonder if that version would be better than trying to use the vst version in Patchwork in PT on a Mac.

Which version of Patchwork are you using - the synth version or the regular plugin version? Try the other version instead of what you're using now and see what happens. When you say you only see a part of the gui when reopening are you saying the Reason window has shrunk to a smaller size where you see the whole gui or are you only seeing a small portion of the whole Reason gui?

QAPLA!
Old 10-06-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Over on the GS thread about the new Reason there's a fellow who had supposedly has delay compensation issues running Reason Rack inside Patchwork because he runs Harrison Mixbus as his daw and it doesn't support vst3.

It's a shame Reason isn't available in au now although that's coming. I have to wonder if that version would be better than trying to use the vst version in Patchwork in PT on a Mac.

Which version of Patchwork are you using - the synth version or the regular plugin version? Try the other version instead of what you're using now and see what happens. When you say you only see a part of the gui when reopening are you saying the Reason window has shrunk to a smaller size where you see the whole gui or are you only seeing a small portion of the whole Reason gui?
Its the same in synth and normal BC PW version.
Its absolute unusable. because you can nit change anything after closing the GUI one time.
It looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg opening ReasonRack.jpg (42.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg reopening ReasonRack GUI.jpg (26.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-06-2019, 07:37 AM

Patchwork 2.4.1 (latest)
OSX 10.13.6

Next problem, closing PW (stand alone) or unloading the BC PW plug in always crashes PW or the DAW.

You can see the GUI error also in this video. This man works in MPC studio with Patchworks and when he reopened the GUI at 3:35 & 5:35 the plug in is no more usable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMxEaFXBOlk

Last edited by Franklyn; 10-06-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Patchwork 2.4.1 (latest)
OSX 10.13.6

Next problem, closing PW (stand alone) or unloading the BC PW plug in always crashes PW or the DAW.

You can see the GUI error also in this video. This man works in MPC studio with Patchworks and when he reopened the GUI at 3:35 & 5:35 the plug in is no more usable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMxEaFXBOlk
Quote:
Its the same in synth and normal BC PW version.
Its absolute unusable. because you can nit change anything after closing the GUI one time.
It looks like this:
This is a freakin' nightmare. Reason Studios stepped in it big time with this 'update'.

QAPLA!
Old 10-07-2019, 01:17 PM

I reported the bug at propellerheads and at Blue Cat Audio support.
BCA answered me that they are in touch with the Reason support team to find out what the problem is.
... nothing heard from Propellerheads by now :)
Old 10-08-2019, 05:12 AM

Quote:
I reported the bug at propellerheads and at Blue Cat Audio support.
BCA answered me that they are in touch with the Reason support team to find out what the problem is.
... nothing heard from Propellerheads by now :)
Thanks for reporting this to the parties involved. Blue Cat people are good people and they've helped me in the past. Recommended. Not so recommended are the Propheads - they get back to you when they feel like and don't really care about their end users. Have you also mentioned the latency bug? Turns out to a fellow over at GS he found out there's a 64 sample latency in the Reason Rack that's not getting reported to Patchwork and hence on to one's daw.

And we still don't know if the Propheads are going to do an aax version. Hell they don't even have an au version though supposedly it's being worked on.

QAPLA!
Old 10-08-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Thanks for reporting this to the parties involved. Blue Cat people are good people and they've helped me in the past. Recommended. Not so recommended are the Propheads - they get back to you when they feel like and don't really care about their end users. Have you also mentioned the latency bug? Turns out to a fellow over at GS he found out there's a 64 sample latency in the Reason Rack that's not getting reported to Patchwork and hence on to one's daw.

And we still don't know if the Propheads are going to do an aax version. Hell they don't even have an au version though supposedly it's being worked on.

Reason number 37 why I'm sticking with version 9.5 for now. Unless and until there's AAX and the other issues are addressed...fuggitabutit!

Old 11-12-2019, 04:14 AM

Quote:

The Propellerhead Team answered that they do not test the Rack in BC PW. Only in "native" DAWs.

I found a solution useing the Reason 11 Rack in PT with DDMF Metaplugin. I remember that I also own this :) and it works very fine.

Anyway, I hope BlueCat will find a solution on there side because I love the PW concept more than megaplugin

Last edited by Franklyn; 11-20-2019 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:32 AM

I have to say I don't get the business decision making process at Propellerheads...or whatever they're calling themselves these days. Until now Reason has been considered a DAW, with full DAW capabilities. When Reason decided to add VST hosting with ver 9.5, it made sense, especially for those who use Reason as a DAW. For those of us, like many of us here, who primarily used Reason via Rewire hosted in Pro Tools, we really, really wanted to see Reason allow VST hosting with Reason in slave mode.

Now with Ver 11, Reason appears to be de-emphasizing the DAW aspect of Reason, and offering it up as another plugin...or more accurately plugin host. Yet, you still can't host VST's in the new Rack.

Its like at every decision point they figured out how to frustrate the greatest number of users!

I'm not going to upgrade anything unless and until Reason comes out AAX with VST hosting in the rack. It just can't be that hard to pull off.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I have to say I don't get the business decision making process at Propellerheads...or whatever they're calling themselves these days. Until now Reason has been considered a DAW, with full DAW capabilities. When Reason decided to add VST hosting with ver 9.5, it made sense, especially for those who use Reason as a DAW. For those of us, like many of us here, who primarily used Reason via Rewire hosted in Pro Tools, we really, really wanted to see Reason allow VST hosting with Reason in slave mode.

Now with Ver 11, Reason appears to be de-emphasizing the DAW aspect of Reason, and offering it up as another plugin...or more accurately plugin host. Yet, you still can't host VST's in the new Rack.

Its like at every decision point they figured out how to frustrate the greatest number of users!

I'm not going to upgrade anything unless and until Reason comes out AAX with VST hosting in the rack. It just can't be that hard to pull off.
I kind of understand to some respect. The DAW market has quite a few entries and a lot of competition. Then there is the emerging “modular” completion as well. They must have had I high demand in numbers to want them to integrate Reason as a plugin. Those numbers also demonstrate how people want to be using Reason and it’s not as a DAW...generally speaking. Which has got to hurt those who put time and effort into mastering Reason’s DAW capabilities.

I never got into Reason unfortunately. I have had Reaktor for a number of years and still haven’t used it much!! I hope to change it soon, but it has such a high learning curve, which I’m okay with, I’m just very time poor. Thank god they introduced the modular approach though.

Anyway, this new approach for Propellerheads doesn’t have to mean it’s the end of things, I believe it’s the opposite. I believe it’s the start of something new and even more fantastic.