Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-17-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Does PTLE or MPOWERED support OMF???? natively?

I was reading a review about how only ptle will support digitranslator not mpowered.

but then i also read that ptle can open and save to omf (OPEN MEDIA FROMAT). Do you have to have digitranslator to use omf or do ptle and mpowered have the capability built in? i Also work in logic and nuendo and want to know if i have to fork over more money to move my sessions in between daws.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Does PTLE or MPOWERED support OMF???? natively?

From a previous post by Rail,
Quote:
For OMF support you'd need the DV Toolkit for LE or HD and DigiTranslator.

All versions of Pro Tools support Video. Your current version has this. The DV Toolkit will give you a SMPTE timeline for spotting your video though.

Rail

--------------------
Recording Engineer

www.platinumsamples.com
Engineered Drums for BFD

Post Extras:

Hope that helps.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Does PTLE or MPOWERED support OMF???? natively?

I was under the impression the MPowered does not support the DV toolkit, I think whats being asked here is.

Will MPowered support the OMF import option? and is that nessicary to import/export form Logic and Nuendo.

PTLE and Mpowered do not have built in OMF support. You would have to purchase the rather pricy DigiTranslater option if you wanted to use OMF to transfer sessions. I don't use Logic or Nuendo so I don't know what their Import/Export options are. You may not need OMF to transfer between the 2 and PT.

As far as I know there isn't any reason you can't use the DigiTranslater with MPowered.

You might check becuase I think one of the Academic versions of Mpowered had either SMPTE support and OMF import capabilities, If your a student that could save you a lot of money.

EDIT I see the DigiTranslater is no longer available as a separate purchase.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88