Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-10-2010, 07:00 AM

Default Goliath - Structure Edition Disk 6 Help

In order to enjoy the advantages of PT9 I upgraded from WinXP to Win7. As a result, I am re-installing a number of programs into my computer. One of the programs I am re-installing is Goliath – Structure Edition. While in the process last night I ran into an install problem near the end of DVD Disk 6. It appears I have a nasty scratch on the DVD that is preventing the samples from completely installing. There are 34 files on the disk and it appears the install chokes at file 29 (GS-1 Rhodes Boosted-Tine Samples/big). I am able to manually install files 30 through 34 once beyond file 29 but cannot get the DVD player to read file 29.

The Goliath Disks were included with the 1st edition of Structure and/or the packaged version of Structure included in the Virtual Instrument Boxed Set. The Goliath disks that accompanied Structure were intended to be used as a trial demo for 30 days. There are probably many that had no interest in purchasing the license for Goliath and have disks hanging around. I am hoping to snag a Disk 6 replacement through Avid or from someone who does not intend to purchase a license for Goliath-Structure Edition.

Meanwhile, I am asking if anyone has the DVD’s for Goliath-Structure Edition, if you could be kind enough to make available to me the damaged file referenced (Goliath Disk 6, file 29, GS-1 Rhodes Boosted-Tine Samples/big) for download. It would be very much appreciated. I can also provide an email address where it can be sent if that works better. If I can get the file, I can make my own Disk 6 (so to speak) making finding a replacement Disk 6 less necessary.

Thank you,

Lou

ps: DTS, are replacement disks available for Goliath-Structure Edition?
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Goliath - Structure Edition Disk 6 Help

Good news!!!!!!!!!

The company I purchased Goliath - Structure Edition from is sending me a replacement disk.

Problem solved.........

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:49 AM

And I'd just finished uploading it for you!

Well if you're really desperate for that Rhodes whilst waiting for the replacement disk it's here:

http://download.madhat.co.uk/luken26.zip

Old 11-10-2010, 10:52 AM

Actually suicune, the disk has to be burned and mailed across the States to me. It is days away from receipt.

I actually was hoping to use it tonight. I will download the file when I get to the studio this evening.

Thank you so much for your prompt response and help. It is very much appreciated.

Lou
Old 01-27-2011, 09:17 AM

Hello,
at the didi store they write that Goliath Structure Edition can only be used with a valid Structure v1.0 license.

I have bought the Protools instrument Expansion Pack there fore I only have a Structure 1.1 license.

Do you think that Goliath would work anyways ?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:18 PM

That's a good question I'm not sure I have an answer for. The thing is that the Goliath disks only came with the original versions. If you wanted to purchase the iLok license during or after the 30 day trial you were good to go.

So what if you were able to find someone who has the original version of Structure and never purchased the Goliath option?

I would ask Avid Customer Service if first, would it constitute an authorized sale if you were to find someone who purchased the original Structure version (either as a separate purchase or box set purchase), that never used the disks or supplied activation code. If they say it's cool, see if you can find someone to give up their disks and activation code and initiate the 30 day trial activation to make sure everything works. If you are satisfied, purchase the iLok license at the Avid store. $250.00 doesn't sound bad. If I remember correctly, I paid $350.00 or $395.00 back when.

Just make sure the person you are talking to understands the question. You don't want to end up purchasing a $250.00 license that won't work.

You could also purchase Goliath from EastWest (Play Edition) but I'm not sure how well it would integrate with PT.

And yes, Goliath Structure Edition is working fine for me with Structure ver. 1.1.0. I also use EastWest's Symphonic Orchestra Gold Complete Structure Edition.

Hopefully, there may be others on the DUC that have more knowledge on this subject than I do.

Good luck....

If you decide to forego or cannot do the Goliath option, you may want to consider the fine Structure options and libraries available in the AIR Users Blog. Quite a selection.

Last edited by luken26; 01-28-2011 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Other Options: