Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-27-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Listen up - the digi users are speaking...

I have been using Digi since Session 8 on the Mac in '93. Pro Tools 10 years. It appears by the recent threads on the command-key breakpoint move that nobody likes it.

I need the command-key breakpoint move back the way it was. I will be forced to backpaddle to 6.7 if this isn't fixed.

I use this a hundred times a day or more and will miss it more than you know.

-Christian Stonehouse
Old 06-27-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Listen up - the digi users are speaking...

I don't like the new way either.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:24 AM

I'll go on record as not digging it either, though I'm mostly working in 6.7 on my own system.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:53 AM

Quote:
I'll go on record as not digging it either, though I'm mostly working in 6.7 on my own system.
For what I do I saw no advantage in upgrading to 6.9 after using it for weeks, so I went back to using 6.7cs8 & am now enjoying the original key combo for fine adjusting volume automation. On another note I am noticing better stability less clicks & I can again double click my session templates (stationery pads) without it duplicating & putting files everywhere. Why should I have to open templates from the dialog menu? None of the previous versions had this bug with stationery pads.

In my eyes 6.9x is a lemon, it contains more bugs then the older 6.7cs8 release plus added random clicks with HTDM plugins. Digi I thought we were meant to be moving forwards not backwards?!?

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia
Old 06-28-2005, 08:15 AM
Avid

Matt_G - can you be specific about which 'bugs' you're referring to and what, specifically, the issue is with HTDM plug-ins?
Old 06-28-2005, 11:48 AM

We just updated to 6.9.2 LE with OS 10.4. When opening a stationary pad,(template)- if you double click the icon, it creates a copy of the session, and puts the audio files in a separate folder.

When opening the pad from "open Session" under the file menu, it opens a pad properly, with the option of editing the pad or creating a new session.

Can we get the double click option back? Is there a preference or something to help here?

Russ

edit- I know this is the TDM forum, but I have the same problem opening templates as stated in the aboce post-
Old 06-28-2005, 12:33 PM

In my eyes 6.9x is a lemon, it contains more bugs then the older 6.7cs8 release plus added random clicks with HTDM plugins. Digi I thought we were meant to be moving forwards not backwards?!?

[/QUOTE]

I have to say, that i too have been having a lot of click and pops on HTDM plugins, i noticed this on my recent project which is thee first big project on 6.9cs1. I can barely risk using Soundtoys HTDM plugs anymore after having endless distortion and clicks from them!! and no its not that my CPU is overloading, this is with just one HTDM plug inserted.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:35 PM

I totally agree with Matt G, saw the same bugs and felt it was a step back. So I also wen't back to 6.7cs8. (10.3.8)
These bugs can't be news to you guys at digi??

Tubz
Old 06-28-2005, 02:55 PM

I'll add a calm request to put things back the way they were. Beyond that, I'm happy (Now, if only you could add a transport lock...)

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 06-28-2005, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Can we get the double click option back?
No. Digidesign did not make this change. This change was made by Apple. I agree its perplexing that some users can 2x click and it works like it always did, and some users 2x click and it does what Apple wants it to do. Search this forum for posts around 4/18 (NAB) and you'll see some posts about it.