Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2008, 10:36 PM

Default Beat Detective Not Moving Beats

I'm trying to edit drums using Beat Detective and for some reason, the beats are not snapping to the grid. I duplicate the track and the beats on the "Beat Detective'd" track have not moved one iota from the original. Anyone have any ideas what might be going wrong? Here's my process:

- make endpoints for a section (a verse for instance)
- select the snare and kick from that section
- capture selection
- analyze
- adjust sensitivity
- select all drums
- region separation
- separate
- region conform
- conform
- edit smoothing
- smooth

I select sub beats, fill and crossfade.

Any ideas? THANKS!
Old 09-09-2008, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Beat Detective Not Moving Beats

You need to repeat the process for any other drum tracks. After creating trigger points for Kick and Snare, go into 'collection' mode and 'add all'.

Now return to 'normal', select the next track, say Hats's, and adjust sensitivity until you capture all required hits. Return to collection mode and 'add unique'.

Also, have you set the grid resolution correctly (e.g 16'th's) and adjusted the strength and exclusion sliders?

http://www.myspace.com/philogg