Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2019, 07:49 AM

Default User defined insert slot for EQ/DYN only works on the DAW, not on surface?

I have a problem with the preference that defines the slot PT looks first for EQ or DYN plugs when a channel is attentioned. The workstation opens the plugin in the right slot, but the S6 surface does not. So, for instance, if I define my main EQ to be in slot D, the S6 surface attentions the first available EQ plug counting from the top slot A, but PT itself opens the plug in slot D.

Am I missing something here, or is this a known bug?

PT 2018.10
Latest Eucon software
OSX 10.12.5

Regards,

Javed Kurd
Oslo, NORWAY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2019, 08:04 AM

Default Re: User defined insert slot for EQ/DYN only works on the DAW, not on surface?

yes, on MTM it seems only to be intended to just fill the slots up one by one...on Display Module it is like it is on DAW...
Old 04-10-2019, 08:09 AM

Default User defined insert slot for EQ/DYN only works on the DAW, not on surface?

So, a bug then?

The preference panel refers clearly to EUCON surfaces and cycling start, and that is exactly what DOESNT happen...

J.

Last edited by karegranat; 04-10-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:00 AM
Avid

Default Re: User defined insert slot for EQ/DYN only works on the DAW, not on surface?

What versions of S6 and PT are you on..this should/does work
Old 04-11-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
What versions of S6 and PT are you on..this should/does work

Hi Eddie!

The versions are:

PT 2018.10
S6 18.3

Mac osx 10.12.5

Thanks!

Javed.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:07 AM
Avid

OK, sorry, I now realize what you are asking. The cycling pref is just for that at the moment and only works on the channel strips. If you attention a strip and cycle the EQ from that strip you will see the MTM change to the correct EQ. We need to add a way to cycle from the MTM yet.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:13 PM

So, if I understand you correctly: When I set my PT preference to be:

EUCON Surfaces EQ DYN cycling starting at Insert: d

Does that mean that when I press the EQ button on an S6 channel, the DAW opens the EQ plugin in slot d (if present), but the console does NOT attention the same EQ plugin to the knob module, but attentions the first available EQ plugin counting from Insert a and downwards?

If so, is this the intended behaviour? Should´nt the S6 attention the same plugin as the DAW? It doesn't make sense to me...

J.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:11 PM

Ok. Good to know. Only, the strip shows the first eq instead....

Old 04-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Avid

Its actually technically impossibe to have 1 track show 2 different EQ's. There is only 1 pipe. Are you confusing the EQ knobset with Inserts ?
Old 04-11-2019, 01:22 PM

Sorry, but I think we misunderstand each other.

Example:

On a single PT track I have an EQ plug in slot a, and another EQ plugin in slot d. With my preference setting, when pressing the EQ switch on the process module the plugin in slot d should open in the DAW (this works), and the same EQ plugin in slot d should be opened/expanded into the knob module on the corresponding strip (this does not work, opens EQ plug in slot a instead).

Hope this clarifies my problem.

Thanks, Javed.