Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2012, 01:21 PM

Default No sound in Xpand2, trying stuff w. no luck

So I have re-installled and upgraded to PT10.3 and found the compressed instruments installer. All the other Avid instruments work except the Xpand 2???

I have read a few things about moving the plugin to another insert slot and trying to get the instrument to ask for the big file... What can I do to get this to work??

My Big file is located in E:\Programs\programs installed\Pro Tools\Avid Virtual Instruments\program files\Avid\Avid Virtual Instruments\XPand2

That is the only place it was when I searched my computer

I put the 3.5 gb big files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Avid\Avid Virtual Instruments

I was just guessing since the installer says program files.... What the hell why is this so hard. I had to call avid just to get the Virtual Instruments file to download cause they had indeed a broken link. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:41 PM

Default Re: No sound in Xpand2, trying stuff w. no luck

Let me clarify. I have the plugin installed and it does show up but has no sounds...