Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 04-23-2019, 04:53 PM

Default Fresh install missing MSCVCR120.dll

Hi there

Just upgraded to new OS SSD Clean install of Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Trying to install Eucon drivers and get a box saying the MSCVCR120.dll is missing.

Might this be because of no Cubase installation yet or could it be something else? I decided to install all the drivers and then make an image to restore in case of any issues down the line with so much to remember-install.

Ant advice would be welcome

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-24-2019, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Fresh install missing MSCVCR120.dll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebandit2 View Post
Hi there

Just upgraded to new OS SSD Clean install of Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Trying to install Eucon drivers and get a box saying the MSCVCR120.dll is missing.

Might this be because of no Cubase installation yet or could it be something else? I decided to install all the drivers and then make an image to restore in case of any issues down the line with so much to remember-install.

Ant advice would be welcome

Thanks in advance!
On a side note, I know there's a longstanding fear in some about upgrading windows. Why a new install of 7? It's going to be out of support and updates next year, and audio problems in win10 have long been ironed out.

You're just going to have problems like that missing DLL more and more frequently
Old 04-24-2019, 08:02 AM
Avid

The installer should install all the MS VS files, did you say no to any of these installs as they were happening ? Best thing to do is reinstall EuControl. If that doesnt work you could try installing those libaries separately.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3179560 and https://my.visualstudio.com/Downloads?pid=963
But....as Robert says why are you using an old OS (that we dont test with anymore) Win 10 is solid now.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:22 PM

Thanks for your replies. The issue got solved by installing Cubase 9.5 pro first, after that, Eucon installed ok.

I've had Win10 since it was given out freely, I've not really bothered upgrading my rig to Win 10 or Cubase 10 as my current rig, i7 4790k/32Gb ram with Win Pro 64 bit has been super stable and reliable since it was built, it does everything needed of it with without ever complaining or crashing.

I also use Sonic Core DSP audio system which plugs into a PCI bus, I've had it 16 years and it's still running as sweetly as it ever did through every release of Windows with uncompromising sound quality and features one could ever want. The newer releases from Sonic Core which use PCIe slots come in at 2500 a 3800 Euro but no need to go there, all the latest software from them has always been 100% backward compatible and integrated DAW control and mixing is of more concern.

The reason for this OS re-install was because Acronis doesn't support the WD Acronis free edition until upgrade to the full commercial release has been made, what they don't say at point of purchase is they can't garauntee that backups made the the WD free version can be garaunteed to work (in this case it didn't) and they say support has to be got from WD, who, say that Acronis is not their technology so support has to come from them! So, I've given them the boot so to speak after a week of getting nowhere, done a clean install on a new drive and gone over to Minitool Partition Manager and ShadowMaker backup, great software, sleek, fast, easy to use and with great support.

I'll go over to Win 10/Cubase 10 when they get their High resolution display working and the Eucon adapter working properly with all the feature in the mix console.