Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-30-2023, 08:23 AM

Default S1 Feature Requests

The latest update fixed and improved so many things for me that a couple of feature requests came to mind. I'd be interested to see if anyone agrees/disagrees or if anyone has any handy workarounds.

1) A 'select spilled VCA master' surface mapping.
I like keeping my Dock in 'Automation mode buttons follow Dock track' mode as I find the automation mode selecting more intuitive. However if you spill a VCA, then select a track, there's no way to snap the dock fader back to controlling the VCA Master. If you choose to lock the VCA Master to the dock you can't use the Automation mode buttons without holding them and selecting a channel.
2) A 'none' option for the knob function on the S1.
The new Function Recall modes are brilliant, however I find selecting a VCA master and it displaying 'mix' or 'groups' visually confusing. It'd be great to have a new function that effectively deactivates the S1 knobs.
3) 'Select All' button options so you can quickly select all the tracks mapped to your surface/layout.
I'm mostly working using VCA Masters, and it'd be so useful to be able to just press one soft key and for all those tracks to be selected (for automation mode switching etc). This would ideally have the option to be 'per surface' or 'whole surface'.