How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2018, 10:49 AM

Default Upgrade Plan did not auto renew, now expired

Hello,

I am "working" with Avid on this but it's a slow process and they do not seem intent on being proactive so I'm going to ask this question here.

I paid for an auto-renewing subscription to Pro Tools 12 in 2016. It was supposed to auto-renew on November 12.

I had a valid, up-to-date credit card attached to my account.

The subscription expired because, as Avid puts it, I did not renew it.

Can anybody offer any insights into this? Was I supposed to actively renew my subscription? I was under the impression that it would automatically renew, since I had a credit card on there.

Thank you,
Tim
Old 01-11-2018, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Subscription did not auto renew, now cancelled

You can access your account info with the Application Manager. And in your account you'll see a category for your subscription plan(s). When you click on that you'll see when your plan is set to expire and a slider button (like putting your phone in airplane mode) for auto-renew.

Avid sent me a ton of warnings when my plan was about to expire. Still, I think they want your reinstatement fee rather than your annual subscription. No way to run a business. Certainly no way to make your paying customers feel good about doing business with you.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Subscription did not auto renew, now cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpann View Post
...I paid for an auto-renewing subscription to Pro Tools 12 in 2016. It was supposed to auto-renew on November 12.

I had a valid, up-to-date credit card attached to my account.

The subscription expired because, as Avid puts it, I did not renew it...
Reviewed your Upgrade Plan history and that shows it was not renewed automatically due to the fact that the Auto Renew option was off at the end of your term (so renewal was not triggered). Will follow up via your support case with more info. (Note that this is an Upgrade Plan with a perpetual license not a Subscription so I updated the thread title.)

Last edited by jeffro; 01-11-2018 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Clarified.