Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2014, 06:13 AM

Default Pro Tools is recording midi information advanced

This is an issue I have had for a couple of years and despite various upgrades it’s a problem I can’t get to the bottom of. When I record midi into pro tools the midi is recorded slightly advanced and so plays back slightly ahead of the beat. I’ve tried inputting midi via a midi interface (using a unitor) and directly via USB but I still get the same problem. I don’t get this issue with Logic using the same computer / hardware. I’ve searched forums and it seems I’m the only person in the world who has this issue. We have several studios here and my studio is the only one that has this problem, even if I take an existing session from another studio.If anyone can shed any light on the I’d be eternally grateful ! thanks .
Old 08-10-2014, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools is recording midi information advanced

Double-check your midi real-time properties. Maybe its set with some offset built in? It works great here(and has for years, going back to 6.1)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-10-2014, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools is recording midi information advanced

thanks for the reply but no, it's nothing to do with real-time properties. It's recording the note information advanced. Changing real-time properties only affects note information after recording.