Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2015, 03:16 AM

Default Re: New Venue Line: S6L!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel Noon View Post
I also think that we e3 users will get more DSP power to make our systems 96khz or 192 kHz. Than it will be compatible to the 6 system.
For me the question in this case is, if I don't care about running @ 96khz, will I still be getting more DSP for my plugins with S3L / S6L? We will see...
Old 04-11-2015, 03:21 AM

Oh... And what about iPad control??????

Since there is a new gui I think we deserve that one right now!
Old 04-11-2015, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
For me the question in this case is, if I don't care about running @ 96khz, will I still be getting more DSP for my plugins with S3L / S6L? We will see...
Well...running at 96k in many cases will give you half the latency or better. For IEM, it's quite nice.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Voyles View Post
Well...running at 96k in many cases will give you half the latency or better. For IEM, it's quite nice.
Not completely sure if that is true. If you look at this table from Waves that shows their plugin latency per sampling rate you see as the rate goes up so does the latency. You cannot run Waves with these systems in question but it should show us how latency might not get any better @ higher sampling rates.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Not completely sure if that is true. If you look at this table from Waves that shows their plugin latency per sampling rate you see as the rate goes up so does the latency. You cannot run Waves with these systems in question but it should show us how latency might not get any better @ higher sampling rates.
Some of the Waves plugins have higher sample latency at 96k. However, you'll notice that it's usually double that of 44.1/48k which effectively makes it the same latency in time. In many cases, sample latency is actually improved. If a plugin retains the same sample latency at both 48k and 96k the latency is halved at 96k.

But higher sample rates also improve input to output latency is many cases.

Take Digico for example. Their awesome 1.1ms latency is only at 96k.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:25 AM

Default New Venue Line: S6L!

The big question here is whether the middle tier is closer to 50k or 100k
Old 04-11-2015, 08:45 AM
Avid

The new VENUE GUI is optimized for touch, so for now VNC of that guy is actually pretty amazing, almost like having a dedicated app already, but trust me, that's high on the priority list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel Noon View Post
Oh... And what about iPad control??????

Since there is a new gui I think we deserve that one right now!

[email protected]
Old 04-12-2015, 12:13 AM

Anyone hear anything about pricing yet?

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 04-12-2015, 04:49 AM

The now older venue line, used all the same pre-amps through their console Line-up. How is that now, since S6L will support 48/96Khz. Will we see this in the near future in S3L, or are the pre-amps not the same? Just a thought

It looks brilliant as so do the specs, I guess this console will not be for everyone pockets.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:29 AM

Quote:
I wish they redesign so that the touchscreen panel would fold down to "transport position". That would allow much more compact case.
The one problem I have seen with screens that fold down is if it folds back then there seems to be a problem with it staying put (when tilted up) to be able to operate the touch functionality of the screens. But if it folded forward like a laptop computer and had a definitive stop when opened up, that could work. And as long as there was proper support when folded for transport. There are a few mechanical problems to overcome but I agree it would be great if you didn’t have all of the wasted case real-estate. The layout does look very usable especially for touch screens. And I have found that if I am in a darkened theater I like a quick and easy way to be able to dim the monitors so my area isn’t glowing too much. So it would be nice if there were a really quick way to recall the dimmed setting for everything that you want, as soon as the house lights dim.