Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2008, 02:48 PM

Default midi copy/duplicate: 7.4 can't grab 1st quantized note

I can't believe DigiDesign is up to version 7.4 and they haven't solved a midi problem that has existed for way too long:

When I have a full-quantized bar or bars of midi notes, I copy those bars, paste them, and ProTools 5.x, 6.x, and now 7.4 leaves out the first note or notes of the first midi measure I copied.

E.g., I have a 4-bar drum pattern - fully-quantized - I made sure the very first note on the bass drum was not hanging in front of my first quantized measure. I copied. I pasted. 7.4 left off the first note.

Now I have to option+click just that bass drum note I want and drag it to the measure that 7.4 should have copied. This is time-consuming.

And to continue the problem: now I highlight the 4 bars I've just copied with the added bass drum note: I select apple+D to duplicate the 4 bars and AGAIN, the first note of the selection DOES NOT COPY.

I posted this problem years ago. Still not solved. Aggravating.

This has been happening not just in LE but with 192 setups with TDM.