Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2014, 07:56 PM

Default 11R - GCP Experts

Need a little help from the pro's also known as the ones who have already endured the pain to figure it out.

So hooked up the 11R to the GCP. Searched and found another expert who made a midi dump so the 11R mirrors the eleven rack when its factory state. Working with the 4 presets everything is working perfectly. I can scroll through the banks and each preset is perfect. And on each preset it shows on the GCP 1-8 the effects that are on in the 11R. I can turn them on and off perfectly. Heres my problem..

I change a rig in the 11R and save it. I can rename the GCP to match the 11R but i can't change the effects that are on or off so it remembers the changes. It keeps the effects that the original rig had. Example I go from A1rig which has all effects turned off to the A2rig for a different sound then back to A1rig and the original setup effect are back on so I'm dancing really fast to turn them off.

I figured out its because of the original midi dump that it is stored in memory of the GCP. So do i need to do a dump from the 11R to my DAW then dump that to the GCP so it truly mirrors what I've made? If so how? Or I'm open to suggestions. BTW: If you go into the GCP to edit that preset/rig the only thing you can change is the P1 and P2 expression pedals. There is no option that i have found to change 1-8 effects. Thanks!

Im using MidiOX for the dump.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:48 PM

Default Re: 11R - GCP Experts

I'm not familiar with GCP (I use a Rocktron in bank mode) but just a long shot - how is the MIDI User Option set in your Eleven Rack? I've got the Eleven Rack MIDI setting on “RxALL (Omni), TxCh 1”
Old 02-05-2014, 04:35 PM

Default Re: 11R - GCP Experts

I got it working. On Voodoo's forum they have their Benoni but his name is John Clark. He is the master of the GCP. His instructions worked perfectly. which are as follows just incase anyone runs across this.

You simply program the state the Instant Access LED should be into each Ground Control Pro preset. To make the Instant Access button LED status match the effects that are active for any Ground Control Pro preset:

1. Call up the Ground Control Pro preset that you want to edit.
2. Press any of the Instant Access buttons that should be "on" for this preset.
3. Press and hold the EDIT button.
4. Once the Ground Control Pro screen changes, press the EDIT button again.
5. Press the YES button to save the changes.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for each Ground Control Pro preset that has active effects.