Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2009, 05:54 PM

Default Registration

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this or anything. I got an old 6.0 version of Pro Tools LE from an MBox2 and got a new MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. I bought the 8.0 Update and then updated it to the 8.0.3. This is the first time I used the entire MBox and Pro Tools setup so needed to Register it but my problem is, I do not know where my Registration ID or any of the info it needs is at. I bought this setup a few years ago (guessing 4 or so I do not exactly know).
I do have the MBox2 box it came in and Pro Tools Ignition Pack box and the Basics Guide but think I may have lost the info needed to Register...
Thanks for any info and help here!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Avid

Default Re: Registration

You won't have a registration ID, as that probably was used by the original owner.

For used gear, you would use the Transfer of Ownership form, though you really don't need one for any particular reason, except in cases where registration would provide additional options/services - such as in the case of a hardware upgrade, etc.

Since you purchased 8.0, that's all you need to have registered. If you purchased it online, your registration is automatic. If you purchased it from a dealer, you can use the registration card that came in the box.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Registration

So even though I bought the original 6.0 way back when and never used it and then installed it and upgraded to the 8.0 then I should be fine? Only reason I ask is because it asked me to register and I didn't have any of the ID numbers or anything. I remember that it was on the bigger booklet that was in the MBox2 box but cannot find it. I just want to make sure I am covered and legally registered is all in case I have any problems and need support. I ordered the new 8.0 upgrade last night online and downloaded it and then upgraded that to the 8.0.3 for Snow Leopard.
Thanks again!