Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 AM

Default usb sharing/switching device for use on ilok

I am finding it a pain in the erse having to switch between my main daw pc and my laptop with one ilok. I would happily pay to get another ilok one for each machine but i know you cannot have two licenses on two different iloks.

So was trying to figure a way round this and came across these usb sharing/switching hubs. I was wondering if anyone had used one and confirmed that they had worked with iloks. They would be perfect for my set up. which is main pc in loft and then laptop downstairs (almost directly below) in lounge.

The plan was to have the switch and ilok upstairs and then run a usb extension cable down the wall that i can just plug into my laptop when needed.

Anyway tried.

Something like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-2x1-U.../dp/B000KRN1Q8
Old 08-09-2009, 04:35 PM

Default Re: usb sharing/switching device for use on ilok

I'm 99% sure it won't work that way. You'll have to endure the torture of unplugging your I-lok from one machine and plugging it into another. That's actually the premise behind the whole system.....