Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2010, 08:53 PM

Thumbs down automation in clipboard doesn't match destination?

I've noticed this before and never understood it, but just tonight it became too much to tolerate. Tonight I'm using conformalizer to reconform a rather complex session to newly edited picture. With certain tracks in the session, I get the following message:

"Some automation parameters in the clipboard do not match the paste destination."

Really? It's a one-for-one copy, so the parameters in the destination tracks are exactly the same as the ones in the clipboard because they're the same tracks. When this error has come up in the past, I've just ignored it and never seen any missing automation, regions, etc, but when unfortunately this error hangs up conformalizer, so I've had to remove some tracks from my session and I'll have to hope I don't need those tracks auto-conformed.

Does anyone understand when and why this error message comes up? I can't see anything unique about the tracks I removed to "solve" the problem.

BTW, Pro Tools HD 7.2 running on a Dual G5.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:05 PM

Default Re: automation in clipboard doesn't match destination?

FWIW, I think I found the culprit on the session I was working with. One of the tracks had a trim plug on an LCR track which had different automation on all three individual channels. I gather this is likely to have been fixed in 8, but don't know. Anyway, there you have it, I've found a workaround.