Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-06-2019, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Reinstatement Promo! Welcomed!

This is what they have added to the FAQ:
Q: If I purchase a reinstatement and do not immediately redeem, will it expire?
A: No. When you purchase a reinstatement from Avid or a reseller, it does not expire and you are able to use it at a future time. Avid will continue to honor reinstatement redemptions during the promo and after we discontinue selling them.

It wouldn’t make sense for the start date of coverage to begin at time of purchase, based on the above statement from Avid. Because you could buy it this month and redeem it 13 months from now, which would mean you’ve got negative 1 months coverage at the point you redeem it...
Old 12-06-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
This is what they have added to the FAQ:
Q: If I purchase a reinstatement and do not immediately redeem, will it expire?
A: No. When you purchase a reinstatement from Avid or a reseller, it does not expire and you are able to use it at a future time. Avid will continue to honor reinstatement redemptions during the promo and after we discontinue selling them.

It wouldn’t make sense for the start date of coverage to begin at time of purchase, based on the above statement from Avid. Because you could buy it this month and redeem it 13 months from now, which would mean you’ve got negative 1 months coverage at the point you redeem it...
With Avid, nothing ever makes since. When they went to the new upgrade model they said that bug fixes would still be free but NOT. I would like to see added to the FAQ that you can hold your reinstatement’s indefinitely and at the time of activation you will still have 1 year of support and updates. Until then I won’t believe it. They said they will continue to honor reinstatement redemption (after we discontinue selling them) but it doesn’t mean after the retailer supply is all gone. They will discontinue selling them at December 31st. The retailer may have some left over into January or February but after there all gone there is nothing that says they cannot later put a deadline to when you must activate them and there is nothing that says what the activation date will or will not be.

Last edited by zion; 12-06-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:30 PM

"I just saved a bunch of money on my Pro Tools renewals by switching to REINSTATEMENT!" -Another great idea brought to you by Avid!

Avid, what happened? Things were going so well too!

Avid might be the only company that I'm aware of that digs itself into a bigger ditch by using a backhoe instead of a shovel. I had to learn about this matter through a vendor flyer instead of Avid itself. Though I can understand why Avid is keeping this quiet, because it just made reinstatement a more desirable option for affected customers than renewal. One final grasp for money before the curtain closes! Bravo! I was wondering all this time how this story would finally end!

If Perpetual doesn't see its own demise within the next three years, then see y'all in 2030! Farewell, Pro Tools! It was a wonderful show! *waves goodbye*
Old 12-08-2019, 03:44 AM

Some retailers are holding firm @ $299. Guess they figure there will be some people late to the party willing to pay that much after Dec 31.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them on eBay for even more.

In fact, imagine 5 years from now when a new license is $1000: "REINSTATEMENT!!!1 SAVE 20% ON THE LATEST PRO TOOLS! BUY IT NOW $800"
Old 12-10-2019, 02:42 AM

Hi all,

As mentioned in another thread, I have a perpetual license of PT 10/11 and I'm thinking of upgrading to the latest perpetual license.

Am I required to surrender the old license when I upgrade?
Old 12-10-2019, 02:49 AM

Yes the old license is always surrendered when upgrading.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-10-2019, 03:06 AM

Obviously you surrender the license for PT11 when upgrading. But does he also have to surrender the PT10 license?

For me, I'm out of date and still running PT12.8. But with that license I retained my license for PT10, which I appreciate for backward compatibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yes the old license is always surrendered when upgrading.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
Obviously you surrender the license for PT11 when upgrading. But does he also have to surrender the PT10 license?

For me, I'm out of date and still running PT12.8. But with that license I retained my license for PT10, which I appreciate for backward compatibility.
If it is a bundle 10/11 then yes. You cant split up a bundled license however depending on the type of upgrade license you go for there are bundled versions included. For example we have PT Ultimate and have HD10/HD11/HD12/HD20XX so if the version the OP is upgrading to is bundled with older licenses then yes he gets PT10 and so on.

Check whats included in your upgrade and that way you know. You will however surrender the licenses if it was bought or upgraded as a bundle.

Look on the ilok and if the licenses are together under the license dropdown of PT then you surrender that whole bundle.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-10-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwiz View Post
I don't need any of the new features in fact first thing to go on PT12 is Cloud Collab and the useless App Manager.

Same here, just know that 12.4 will be without the Cloud Colab and App Manager.

All of the benefits and none of the flub
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
Well according to the FAQ there will be no more reinstatement’s sold after December 31 and when all the remaining supply of the retailers are gone that’s going to be it. Your choices will only be to cross grade to subscription or buy a whole new PT perpetual license at full price. .

I am not sure why they would continue to sell perpetuals if no reinstatement’s are available - like reinstatement is not even part of the long term plan - just do away with the reinstatement

Just get rid of perpetual and go with Subscription like you want
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.