Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-29-2004, 02:55 PM

Default Mixing in general

Hi,

you can see my software in my signature and I've been wondering how to mix real stereo effects with the software of Digi I own by now. I used to use a 50,00 $ program (Music 2000) and it was possible to put a stereo or sound effect like hall on every single note and it was safed in the file. Is this possible with the software I'm owning now?

Thanks

Old 01-29-2004, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Mixing in general

There is so much more possible. Protools is everything you need to make tracks. Read this board and the getting started guide and the manual. You probably havent realized yet what you have....

Yes...it can be done. Put the audio on a track, and initiate a D-verb plugin. There's your hall.

Bastiaan
Old 01-29-2004, 03:19 PM

Look in the DigiRack manual for D-verb.
Put it on an AUX channel, use sends on the individual tracks to send signal to the reverb.

Old 01-29-2004, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Look in the DigiRack manual for D-verb.
Put it on an AUX channel, use sends on the individual tracks to send signal to the reverb.
You mean the "send a" for example? This software is really a new universe for me. So I will create an audio track and create an aux track for it and can add panning to the aux track and the panning will be on the audio track than?

Old 01-29-2004, 08:08 PM

With the audio tracks you already have, add a bus assigned to (for example) bus 1 and 2 stereo (use the lighter shaded area of the track, right click the up/down button and choose bus). Make sure to press alt/click on the fader knob of the bus when it pops up to turn it up.

Once you've done that for all your audio tracks, create an aux track and assign the input to bus 1 and 2. Add a D-verb (or anything else) to the aux. You can actually set up the aux track first, it really doesn't matter.

An easier way is to just create a master fader track and add the D-verb to the master fader track.

Any panning has to be done to the audio track only. You can either do it in real time or automate it in the edit window with the track set to pan view. The manual explains it better.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:26 PM

Quote:
With the audio tracks you already have, add a bus assigned to (for example) bus 1 and 2 stereo (use the lighter shaded area of the track, right click the up/down button and choose bus). Make sure to press alt/click on the fader knob of the bus when it pops up to turn it up.

Once you've done that for all your audio tracks, create an aux track and assign the input to bus 1 and 2. Add a D-verb (or anything else) to the aux. You can actually set up the aux track first, it really doesn't matter.

An easier way is to just create a master fader track and add the D-verb to the master fader track.

Any panning has to be done to the audio track only. You can either do it in real time or automate it in the edit window with the track set to pan view. The manual explains it better.

Hope this helps.
Cool! Thank you. I changed the view to "pan" and I used the pen and drawed some panning! I'm getting better.

Old 01-29-2004, 08:27 PM

Hey Mala, you should really CLICK HERE and watch all the video tutorials about the software you are running, there are great examples, visually shown to you, about how to perform all the simple operations of your software.

Enjoy !

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 01-29-2004, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Hey Mala, you should really CLICK HERE and watch all the video tutorials about the software you are running, there are great examples, visually shown to you, about how to perform all the simple operations of your software.

Enjoy !
Thanks for the advice. I'm already "addicted" to this videos . They are helpful. But I think the should add some esp. for mixing. It isn't fun to spend a lot of money on a new "toy" but you can't use it because you have to read 2000 pages... But I'm getting better day by day.

I made some wav-files (track by track) out of existing songs from my former system and imported them into PT. The effects are starting to make sense to me and I recorded some guitar and vocals (only for private use and testing). If you people here don't mind I really prefer this way and of course learning by doing and even reading the help files. But I'm not familiar with the special terms of music production, recording, etc. in general and esp. in english. So it is hard to find help in the help files for me at the moment.

Old 01-29-2004, 10:15 PM

Certainly no one in here minds....it's what we're here for.

I just wasn't sure if you knew about the videos or not, they have helped many people start out with Pro-tools !

Good luck !

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 01-29-2004, 10:22 PM

Mala, don't be afraid of typing English. But if your post isnt comprehensible, noone will understand what you are asking...

Your english is fine, so shoot

Bastiaan