Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 03-27-2015, 09:42 AM

Default FAQ update please

Avid,

This is for Avid to respond to please. I'm losing my energy to keep this up. I think I know the answer I would appreciate it if Avid would make it final and clear.

Q. Is Pro Tools | HD software available as a subscription?
A. No, not at this time. Pro Tools | HD software is currently only available as part of a full Pro Tools | HDX or Pro Tools | HD Native system purchase or as an upgrade.

Could you please remove the verbiage "not at this time" from the FAQ or let all HD owners know what time you will tell us where we stand.

This to me is what is causing much confusion. It's either going to cost me $599 per year or not. If it's $599 then remove the language. If there is some other number and version of this offer for HD owners please let it be known or at the very least let us know you are working on it.

VERY FRUSTRATED,

Scott
Old 03-27-2015, 10:37 AM

Default Re: FAQ update please

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerSound View Post
Avid,

This is for Avid to respond to please. I'm losing my energy to keep this up. I think I know the answer I would appreciate it if Avid would make it final and clear.

Q. Is Pro Tools | HD software available as a subscription?
A. No, not at this time. Pro Tools | HD software is currently only available as part of a full Pro Tools | HDX or Pro Tools | HD Native system purchase or as an upgrade.

Could you please remove the verbiage "not at this time" from the FAQ or let all HD owners know what time you will tell us where we stand.

This to me is what is causing much confusion. It's either going to cost me $599 per year or not. If it's $599 then remove the language. If there is some other number and version of this offer for HD owners please let it be known or at the very least let us know you are working on it.

VERY FRUSTRATED,

Scott
Avid has stated they are still working out the HD policies. They have yet to state a few of the policies regarding HD. Sure those decisions are being made and will all be released together.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-27-2015, 10:47 AM

Not trying to be combative in the least but do you have that statement from Avid? I have read it from other posters but I have not seen that from Avid.

It probably will be released together but I'm surprised that the new product is rolling out before this information has been communicated.

It's not hard to to do and it's not hard to figure out. I'm sure they know what it is by now. If they don't I'm even more worried.

Thanks for your input. Again, not trying to be aggressive just trying to get an answer from the company.

Best,

Scott
Old 03-27-2015, 11:06 AM

For sure the Support Plan to keep your HD asset from being frozen (non-upgradeable) WILL be $599 a year. But up till now there was always the "we will release flexible licensing options for HD before the end of 2015 as well"... NOW.....

They deleted it all that from the FAQ - What the heck does this mean????????????????? Please tell me I am wrong!

Here is one of many posts from a November thread that reference the Flexible licensing WRT PT12HD

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/pro-...support-3.html

"Before that period ends we will release new flexible licensing options for Pro Tools | HD Software."
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 03-27-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propower View Post
For sure the Support Plan to keep your HD asset from being frozen (non-upgradeable) WILL be $599 a year. But up till now there was always the "we will release flexible licensing options for HD before the end of 2015 as well"... NOW.....

They deleted it all that from the FAQ - What the heck does this mean????????????????? Please tell me I am wrong!

Here is one of many posts from a November thread that reference the Flexible licensing WRT PT12HD

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/pro-...support-3.html

"Before that period ends we will release new flexible licensing options for Pro Tools | HD Software."
Again, not trying to fight with any owner or user but are you saying you are OK with this arrangement? Does this satisfy you or would you too like to know what this means to you and your HD system you own?

I have been waiting for this information. I have not gotten worked up over it until they released the product without have the information in place. I find this to be completely unacceptable.

Thanks for your input and link.

Best,

Scott
Old 03-27-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Again, not trying to fight with any owner or user but are you saying you are OK with this arrangement? Does this satisfy you or would you too like to know what this means to you and your HD system you own?

I have been waiting for this information. I have not gotten worked up over it until they released the product without have the information in place. I find this to be completely unacceptable.

Best,

Scott
NO! Go search my posts - I have repeatedly asked for clarity on the HD licensing details since it was announced Oct 10 2014! Releasing the actual product without clearing up what exactly the licensing terms are (and now re-writing them) is shameful marketing! Shameful. I did;t even think it was legal to do this but I suppose I am no lawyer. Just a 17 year PTHD system owner!
Old 03-27-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propower View Post
NO! Go search my posts - I have repeatedly asked for clarity on the HD licensing details since it was announced Oct 10 2014! Releasing the actual product without clearing up what exactly the licensing terms are (and now re-writing them) is shameful marketing! Shameful. I did;t even think it was legal to do this but I suppose I am no lawyer. Just a 17 year PTHD system owner!
Thanks for adding your voice. My hope is Avid might speed up their response and clear this up for us.

Thanks again and good luck,

Scott
Old 03-27-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:

Best,

Scott
To a large degree it doesnt matter if you or I are ok with it. If what we wanted really mattered, I highly doubt the support/subscription model would have been put into place.

We had threads going about this long before there was a "12" section in this forum. Our HD questions always got the same answer, "will be released later this year". The main issue I see is what happens when an HD user lets their support plan laspse?? They have to have some sort of backup plan. Does the user get to buy back in or rent? one of those options must be available and to take someone who purchased the hardware with the HD license and not allow them to buy back in is ridiculous at best.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-27-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
To a large degree it doesnt matter if you or I are ok with it. If what we wanted really mattered, I highly doubt the support/subscription model would have been put into place.

We had threads going about this long before there was a "12" section in this forum. Our HD questions always got the same answer, "will be released later this year". The main issue I see is what happens when an HD user lets their support plan laspse?? They have to have some sort of backup plan. Does the user get to buy back in or rent? one of those options must be available and to take someone who purchased the hardware with the HD license and not allow them to buy back in is ridiculous at best.
I agree it does not matter what I want but I would like to know what it is. I agree I might be a little late to the party but I was sure they would have the rules of engagement in place before they rolled out the product. Now the product is out and we HD owners still don't know the deal.

Thanks for adding your voice. I do hope this helps somehow speed up Avids response. I strongly feel they know what the deals is.

Best,

Scott
Old 03-27-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
IMO (of course) They actually don't HAVE to do anything. And this is further supported by them deleting all mention of alternatives for "flexible licensing" for HD users. This is a new edit go the FAQ since PT12 release and I personally don't like it - but there it is. They actually don't "have" to do anything!