Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-18-2007, 07:55 AM

Default Bounce To Disk inserts silence at start of bounce - PT 6.4.1

Hi,
I've got a super annoying issue on my Mix system, Pro Tools 6.4.1, G4 / 933, OSX.3.9. When I do bounce to disk for regions where the audio is supposed to be continuous, starting immediately with audio, I find when I try to line all the bounced regions together that there is tiny amount of silence that gets inserted at the beginning of each bounced region of audio. I can't just delete the silence because there is actually supposed to be audio there. Is there any reason why this should occur? If I do a bounce to disk that starts at a certain location within a session, shouldn't the resulting bounced file begin exactly at the audio that occurs at that location?
I never had this problem in PT 5.1.1 on OS9, just in PT 6.4.1 in OSX. And I can't upgrade to a new version of PT because this is last version that supports Mix cards.
Thanks - Steve
Old 04-18-2007, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Bounce To Disk inserts silence at start of bounce - PT 6

Is your delay compensation turned on?

Try to RTD instead, that way you see the recorded file immediately.

Hope this helps,

Timothy

EDITED: Ups, sorry I think there is no automatic delay compensation in PT6, but there should be the TimeAdjuster-Plug In, which you can set according to the delayed samples.