Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 05-28-2020, 01:20 PM

Default Selection/edits at waveform zero crossing

A colleague and friend using Pro Tools 2019 has sent me a mono audio file of just spoken word. At several points in the file, but during pauses in the speaking, there are what I can only guess are edits that create slight pops on playback. See the attached screenshot of the magnified waveform at one of these edits (apologies; I don't know why the screenshot appears so much darker than it actually is).

Is there an option or preference in Pro Tools that would prevent selections or edits being made at points other than where the waveform crosses zero?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 12.53.45 PM.jpg (29.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-28-2020, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Selection/edits at waveform zero crossing

Sloppy editing.

PT Ultimate has auto fades. If on PT Standard, then selecting all the edits on the timeline and applying a global crossfade to all edits would solve that problem. You can set the default crossfade length and type in the preferences.

If what you have received has the edits rendered into the file, then all you can do is re-edit those sections yourself by doing a short cut or alternatively draw it out with the pencil tool. Another possible solution is using a de-clicker plugin like RX to do it automatically for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk