Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2013, 10:28 PM

Default Re: 10.3.6 = No Eleven Rack Window?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteipen View Post
Sorry I didn't realize your issue was in PT 11 as the name of the thread is '10.3.6 = No Eleven Rack Window'.

As I mentioned in my first post, set up is Windows 7, PT 10.3.7, Eleven Rack drivers 1.1.6 and rack expansion pack. All drivers, bios and Windows 7 are completely up to date.

Since I wrote the first post, I uninstalled PT, rack drivers and expansion pack one more time and re-installed everything. Same results.....no 11R Control Window but PT and the 11R are working fine.

Any suggestions as to where else to look is appreciated.

Jim
You uninstalled what expansion pack exactly? The firmware update part in the Eleven Rack or the Eleven Rack GUI plugin update that you should never have installed over Pro Tools 10.x anyhow? And then you reinstalled again those plugin updates that are not supposed to be installed on 10???

Did you read this thread before posting here? If not go back and read it. This has been covered already and there are lots of other suggestions of what to try.

Delete the Pro Tools update part of the expansion pack from your PC, you do not ever want to use this on Pro Tools 10.

Check the MIDI settings as Benoni posted above. If that is not it, uninstall Pro Tools and the driver, and for good measure I would manually delete all plugin folders. Then reboot, install Pro Tools 10.3.7, install the latest compatible Eleven Rack driver (follow the instructions, esp. install the driver before connecting the Eleven Rack).

Now that you have a properly done software install, if it still does not work, be sure to try different USB ports on your PC (try USB 2 not USB 3 port), disconnect other unneeded USB devices and try several different USB cables (yes even if this cable works for other things). especially try reseating/wiggling the USB cable at the back of the Eleven Rack, I have see those connections be unreliable.

I would not suspect a firmware problem on the Eleven Rack, but doing a memory reset (will clear all the user presets) might be a last ditch thing to try.

Failing that do a full clean install Windows 7 SP1 and reinstall Pro Tools etc again.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:01 AM

Darryl, thanks for the response.

I think I said I uninstalled the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack but actually I reinstalled it after doing a complete uninstall/reinstall of Pro Tools 10x and the Eleven Rack Drivers. I think it's safe to say I've done everything mentioned on this thread and others, multiple times. The rack firmware version shows 2.0.1 Build 0.1.5.7 which is the latest and I did a complete memory reset a few days ago as well. All of the Eleven Rack UI files are showing in the Plug Ins folder.

Avid Tech Support did most of the same things while logged into my computer over 2 to 3 sessions and they couldn't figure it out either. It's clear they don't know what causes the problem since the tech started sending me links from this forum and other's on the Internet at one point, all of which I had already found and tried on my own. Eventually, they basically wished me good luck and that was it for support.

The MIDI set up all shows fine, everything other than the rack control windows work and I've been using the rack for both MIDI and audio production since I bought it about 8 months ago. I have tried other cables (the original one was bad right out of the box) and various USB 2 ports. As far as I can tell, Pro Tools doesn't recognize anything that's plugged into a USB 3.0 port so I can't use those.

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, the control window works fine if I connect the rack to a MacBook Pro laptop that I sometime use for mobile situations, so I don't think there's an issue with the rack hardware, firmware, cable etc. Unfortunately, my studio computer is the desktop Windows machine in question where I'm doing 95% of my work. If I had access to another Windows 7 machine, I'd probably try it just to see what happens.

I know Avid Support manually deleted the Plug Ins folder as you suggested during one of their reinstalls, but I might try that one more time. I've Q flashed the bios to the most recent one and updated the drivers for all of the computer devices, the only thing computer-wise I haven't done is a complete Windows reinstall, all of the updates have been done however. Sort of hard to believe that Windows could be affecting just this one missing feature when everything else works, but who knows?

Again thanks for your help.

Jim
Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 AM

Sorry but you seem to be having a lot of trouble understanding exactly what is posted in this thread or not being able to respond with answers for things asked specifically from you.

So again, by "uninstalled Eleven Rack expansion pack" do you mean the Pro Tools plugin part or have you tried to undo the firmware upgrade part?

If the earlier.... Then for the third time you do NOT install the plugin updates in the expansion pack with Pro Tools 10. Those updates are already a part of Pro Tools 10. If that could be causing problems is unclear but it might. So have you indeed been doing that? That is why for a start you should uninstall everything, manually remove plugin folders and start again but do not install the Pro Tools expansion pack part.

You need to go reread this thread carefully, I am not asking you to restate what has been done before again. I have suggested to you a complete ordered set of things to try do right up to reinstalling Windows 7. Try them exactly as suggested and report back what happens. The point of reinstalling windows 7 is mostly about removing the entire history of what you have done on this computer, including what looks like multiple installs and uninstalls of expansion pack components on the wrong Pro Tools versions. A complete reinstall of Windows will absolutely/reliably/100% clean out all files, registry entries, and drivers.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteipen View Post
Brian,

I'm wondering if you ever figured out the problem with your Eleven Rack Control Window not showing in PT 10.3.6?

Jim
Jim...

Sorry it took so long for the solicited response from this Brian, the OP. My problem was quickly resolved following Benoni's (also a Brian) excellent guidance as noted in comment 17. There is a link in comment 17 to Benoni's video, in which he explains what I needed to get this issue resolved. I had already watched his video before up'ing to 10.3.6, but completely forgot about his instruction.

I highly recommend watching this and all of Benoni's videos to resolve this issue and learn A LOT about the Eleven Rack and Pro Tools. He's definitely and excellent resource and DUC member/moderator.

Hope this gets you rolling.