Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 01-31-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Project Mix I/O - HUI Controller

Quote:
As to not high-jack the thread from the original poster, I will ask a similar question..

From what I have read it looks as though you need to run the Project Mix I/o under HUI in Pro Tools M-Powered 7. Is this correct? Rather, If i do not have HUI selected under "Peripherals" the unit wont communicate. Correct?
That's what is says on Page 17 of the Project Mix Manual
Quote:
Setup: With the ProjectMix I/O in Pro Tools mode, launch Pro Tools and select Hardware Setup > Peripherals > MIDI Controllers. Under Type,
select HUI. Under Receive From, select ProjectMix I/O Control. Under Send To, select ProjectMix I/O Control.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 01-31-2006, 05:26 PM

I connect it through firewire. I believe that is the only way to connect it. the MIDI is just the language it uses to communicate, not the cable type.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:59 PM

Hi Dogselur,

in fact, I was wondering if it could work with a digi 002. And the Digi 002 is Firewire, that's why I'm not sure they can work together.
So PTools LE makes no difficulties to integrate midi via firewire in "Peripherals" ? Great...

I want to be able to use it as 8 more faders for my 002 (16 faders ) when I don't use it with my MPowered system...

Thanx,

Les Tambours du Bronx
RE_ORG
Old 02-01-2006, 07:24 AM

<3 thanks.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:36 PM

well, I am not sure either that they can work together, BUT, I know that you can select more than one interface in the peripherals dialog. So it might be possible. If you are just using the Projectmix for more faders, Tascam might have a better product for you. They have a 24 fader board. To use the Projectmix's inputs you have to run M-powered 7, which may not work with digi 02. just some thoughts....
Old 02-15-2006, 12:45 AM

Well, I have a MPowered system for the tour dates, so I can run it when I need to have more preamps...I can run it with MPowered and use the ADAT out and go straight into the ADAT In of the 002 (on a PowerMac PTools7)... I can take it on tour with my iBook... And when I'm at home I could perhaps use the ProjectMix as an extension faders pack for my Digi 002. But I'm not sure at all that it works... And I have some problems with checking that !!
I'm afraid that projectmix's firewire could be in conflict with Digi 002... And I don't know if using MIDI cables only, I can set up the ProjectMix for a kinda standalone mode... Or if I have to run MPowered just to have the ability of using MIDI for PTools 7 Peripherals...
Tons of questions here...

best regards,

Dom.

Les Tambours du Bronx
RE_ORG
Old 02-28-2006, 11:25 PM

The Project Mix works great with PTMP7. This is my first mixer that works with any type of recording software. So I think it worrks great. The Master fader controls nothing. It is not mapped in the software. I don't know if it can be or not. Other than that, i think it works great!

TBF
Old 03-02-2006, 10:57 AM

I love mine, only thing I'm a little upset about are the minor bugs, i.e. device disappearing in windows, just little glitches here and there. All these glitches could be EASILY fixed by a firmware and driver update... yet m-audio's newest driver set is from 5 months ago... call me naive, but I know lots of hw companies that can bang out great driver sets in A DAY.