Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2010, 03:23 AM

Default Why am I not getting any help with Technical Support???

I submitted a help request SIX days ago and still have not heard anything from Avid. I'm trying to install PTLE8 on my second PC (laptop) and am getting a blank install box upon inserting the DVD. Tried to copy the contents to hdd but receiving errors, why does it take this long to respond to a simple request??

case # 01417349
Old 12-02-2010, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Why am I not getting any help with Technical Support???

I once waited for WEEKS, not days......figured it out myself.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:31 AM

I'm not sure how if he's going to be able to figure it out himself if he's got a blank install box. I'm assuming you've called in your computer guru friend to see if he or she can do anything? If you don't have one of these friends, I'm sorry and I need you to get one of those friends. Thanks for the info on Avid's response time At least I know now.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr rhys View Post
I'm trying to install PTLE8 on my second PC (laptop)
OK, so we can assume that the disk worked in your first PC? That would mean that it is not the disk, and would have to be related to the specific PC that you are trying to install it on, correct? Can we logically come to that conclusion?

If you agree, then troubleshooting can continue.

This can be caused by several different things, including outdated firmware for the optical drive you are using. (I've actually had that happen with a Pro Tools disk, and updating the firmware solved my problem, so...)

Here are some options for you:
  1. Check for updated firmware for the drive that you are working with.
  2. If the disk works in your first PC, copy the contents to a USB drive on the first machine, then move the USB drive to the second machine and install from that.

It's also possible that something is wrong or missing from your OS installation on the second machine, or might be a hardware incompatibility. We don't know enough about the system to make any definitive comment on that, though.

As for why Avid hasn't answered, have you checked your spam folder?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 12-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Avid

Quote:
I submitted a help request SIX days ago and still have not heard anything from Avid. I'm trying to install PTLE8 on my second PC (laptop) and am getting a blank install box upon inserting the DVD. Tried to copy the contents to hdd but receiving errors, why does it take this long to respond to a simple request??

case # 01417349
I looked at the case and it was submitted on 11/26, a Friday. Typically there are few, if any, techs answering cases over the weekend (the U.S. can be different as the tech here is, well, crazy. He'll often work weekends.). The case was assigned to the proper queue for your country on Monday. I can see from the current queue that there is quite a bit of backlog due to the Pro Tools 9 release and the tech manager says they're digging through it and reassigning cases as quickly as possible. Your is set to 'escalated' so you should get a reply hopefully shortly.

In the meantime - spkguitar has excellent suggestions and the same ones I would recommend.

If you're able to solve it with that info, please be sure to revisit your online case and close it so it will free up the a tech to answer other emails.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:53 AM

Hi thanks for your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkguitar View Post
[*]Check for updated firmware for the drive that you are working with.
Quote:
[*]If the disk works in your first PC, copy the contents to a USB drive on the first machine, then move the USB drive to the second machine and install from that.
Tried this by copying to a portable HDD and transferring to the pc's main drive still the same blank box...

Quote:
It's also possible that something is wrong or missing from your OS installation on the second machine, or might be a hardware incompatibility. We don't know enough about the system to make any definitive comment on that, though.
Possibly, which is why I was waiting to hear from Avid to hear about any incompatibilities/etc, I have read about uninstalling IE8 but haven't tried that yet.

Quote:
As for why Avid hasn't answered, have you checked your spam folder?
Definitely! :)

You're probably correct with your assumption that it is the laptop, I have tried searching threads on this and other forums with the only answer to get a downloadable link which I need to get from tech support. Hopefully there may be other options I can try before downloading the install file.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Thanks for looking into my case I really appreciate it and understand I am no way a higher priority than anyone else :) I am just comparing my tech support response times with other companies I have dealt with which was the reason for this post.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:49 AM

First thing to do, unistall IE8, reboot and try again.

If that doesn't work, please supply a Sandra Report on the laptop - see the Help Us Help You and/or the General Troubleshooting threads in the stickies above for instructions.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 12-08-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:

case # 01417349
Don't feel too bad. I submitted my case over a month ago and still haven't gotten a response. Case 01392240
Old 12-09-2010, 07:30 AM

Hands down worst tech support I've ever come across.
P4 3.06
2GB RAM
002R
C8
Intel i865G
VIA OHCI 1394 Firewire
Radeon 7000