Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 03-14-2021, 04:51 PM

Default Re: MPE support (and an Ideascale)

I'm not sure I would consider Roli a true reflection of the whole MPE standard. The company had some pretty hefty financial & debt issues mid last year that lead to them selling JUCE, their plugin development platform, to PACE, the creators of the iLok. The business was built on $130 million US in debt & financing, apparently. It was a pretty public affair that I can only imagine further annihilated Roli sales given how big a cloud it put over the future of Roli driver and software development. It doesn't look like they are selling keyboards at all currently, but they did release Equator 2 a few months ago so stuff still seems to be happening.

MPE on the other hand was incorporated into the Midi 2.0 spec announced last year. It seems the majority of industry manufacturers and developers are at least onboard with the idea. Cubase and Bitwig Studio have supported it for a while. Ableton 11 now supports it including an API for Max For Live. Given how entrenched the 40 year old Midi 1.0 standard is, MPE is definitely more of a slow burn... but it certainly seems to be moving forward.

Who knows if or when Avid will incorporate it into Pro Tools. They seem to be the one big name that is conspicuously absent from the Midi Association. Perhaps a sign of their priorities.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:31 PM

Still no MPE in Pro Tools?
Old 01-15-2023, 01:00 AM

Bump