Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2000, 07:53 PM

Default opinions on edl conforming software?

Just trying to solicit some opinions on the various edl conformimg software packages out there(TAPE, TITAN). Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Particularly if there are any simpler less expensive programs out there.
Thanks
Old 01-17-2000, 08:05 AM

Default Re: opinions on edl conforming software?

Tape is too complicated & Titan doesn't have Machine Control. Best bet get some PRoToolsIII hardware and use Post Conform. Post Conform doesn't work on MIX hardware. Digi should FIX THIS ALREADY!! But as we all know, Digi doesn't support the Post industry, but that's another story

Peter Cole
Old 01-17-2000, 02:06 PM

I have used Post Conform sucessfully for quite a while. The key to using Post Conform is the older the hardware the better. Post Conform works best on a system w/442 hardware. It works next best w/ ProToolsIII hardware and ***** big time on MIX Hardware (don't know about D24 hardware)
Old 01-18-2000, 12:48 AM

Hey what if i dont want a message icon?!?!

Post Conform is the saddest software progam I have ever dealt with. Crashes contantly and full of bugs. The rest of my system truns fine. Most of the features/buttons barely work if at all!! Plus you cant run Post Conform with Pro Tools at the same time. How inconvienent is that! Eventually I was able to learn all the things that would freak it out and work around the bugs and things that didnt work.

I would like to try Tape but havent yet. The post place I work for wont buy it after spending the $$$ on Post Conform.
Titam isnt that great. I hand loaded everything and tried to use Titan to conform it and it was a nighmare. IMHO the fix sync feature is pretty useless too.

The saddest part to all this is I can rag on PC all I want but Digi will never reply back cuz they know its true and are in DENIAL! If they even look at threads with "edl conforming" in the title at all.

[This message has been edited by matt g (edited January 17, 2000).]
Old 01-18-2000, 06:50 PM

I see... I am running Post Conform on a d24. There are alot of problems. Especially since I use machine control for my VTR on the digi serial port. and the software seems to be left in system 7 land.

[This message has been edited by matt g (edited January 18, 2000).]
Old 03-29-2000, 06:09 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by PeterCole:
I have used Post Conform sucessfully for quite a while. The key to using Post Conform is the older the hardware the better. Post Conform works best on a system w/442 hardware. It works next best w/ ProToolsIII hardware and ***** big time on MIX Hardware (don't know about D24 hardware)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peter, I'm interested to know whether you load dailies in complete takes first and link the cut edl to them later, or whether you load with handles from the cut edl. Do you use version III hardware and software? Have you used Version 4 software on Version III hardware?