Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 08:49 AM

Default Tick base & Time base for MIDI track??

I was wondering if anybody had the same idea as me. I work in post and I use sampler a lot (kontak) for some fx with long trail sound because it needs a lots of track to make them overlap on each other. Gun fire with long verb for example, in audio track I have to open 3 or 4 track to have the full length of the sound. With the sampler I can put all the gun shots in it and just trig them in midi and listen thought one Aux track. Now my problem is if I do some sound fx and music in midi in the same session, I don't want the midi track that trig the sound fx to move went I change the tempo, but I want the midi music track to do so. Right now you cannot make a midi track in time base for that kind of use. Does anybody would gain from a feature like that or am I the only one to ask that?
If I'm not alone it would be nice to consider in the next version.

Rod
Old 04-25-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Tick base & Time base for MIDI track??

I would think that this is a natural extension of the current scheme. I imagine that Digi will see the sense in implementing sample based midi for Post work. Or at the very least the ability to lock a midi event to a timecode position. You were able to do this in the early sequencers on the Atari, believe it or not.

Simon L.