Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2002, 06:04 PM

Default Control24 for post editing?

I am about to upgrade from mix core to HD2 and plan to get a Control24 to expand my setup. I do audio post mostly on documentries. Most of my jobs are total editing and design and they are mixed at a high end mixing theater. I want to move into mixing with the Control24, but will it advance my editing production?

Are there any folks using it for major editing everyday, like I need to? What would you say are the pros and cons for this use.

Also plan to upgrade to digital picture. Have been locking to SVHS with USD. Does the C24 work well with this setup?
Would be happy to get some feedback on these issues.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Control24 for post editing?

Good question. Anyone?
Old 05-02-2002, 03:04 PM

Golfer, you can say that again.......and again. Thanks for your info. I kind of thought that might be the case for hardcore editing. I guess it probally is missing a trackball to work with........The fuse card is what I plan on getting and using it with Preniere 5.1

Does anyone else have any comments on using Control 24 as a post prod devise for editing.
Old 05-03-2002, 12:14 AM

I Salty Dog,

I have been using the Control 24 for a year now, and it is really worth spending the money ...for mixing purpose. I am doing sound design every day ( and night...), but I still found more convenient to do most of my editing thru my keyboard. Even if the edit buttons on the C24 are convenient , try moving your right arm 400 to 500 times a day and your golf game is gone... It makes more sense to move my thumb with keystoke shortcuts.

For your second question, you should definitively swap for digital picture and keep your s-vhs for digitizing purpose if you are
planning to do any serious post-prod work.I am working with a mix plus, aurura fuse card and virtual VTR from Gallery. Shuttle , Scrub, everything work like a breeze from my C24.

Goog luck!
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 05-03-2002, 12:16 AM

I Salty Dog,

I have been using the Control 24 for a year now, and it is really worth spending the money ...for mixing purpose. I am doing sound design every day ( and night...), but I still found more convenient to do most of my editing thru my keyboard. Even if the edit buttons on the C24 are convenient , try moving your right arm 400 to 500 times a day and your golf game is gone... It makes more sense to move my thumb with keystoke shortcuts.

For your second question, you should definitively swap for digital picture and keep your s-vhs for digitizing purpose if you are
planning to do any serious post-prod work.I am working with a mix plus, aurura fuse card and virtual VTR from Gallery. Shuttle , Scrub, everything work like a breeze from my C24.

Goog luck!
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 05-03-2002, 09:46 AM

I use some functions for editing, however the best editing tool I have is the intelimouse explorer mouse. You can set the function of each of the 4 buttons and 2 modes for the scroll wheel.

Very handy
Old 05-06-2002, 09:07 AM

Great point spong - if you're not using a programmable multibutton trackball with an application set you specifically design for Pro Tools, then you're literally wasting hours a week.