Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 10:37 AM

Default Re: relinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
BUT let's try not to blame the DAW for the operator not making sure the audio files are in the session file folder that corresponds to the session. One thing I would double check is that you have "copy files on import" checked in your preferences. That SHOULD keep this from happening again. The more files that are "somewhere else," the longer it will naturally take to relink all of them.
I just love how you don't know the whole story but is ready to blame the operator, I did not know that when you have open a session and save and closed it you should select where the the wave files go, I thought it was a giving that they went in the sound files folder.
blue ray player
HDX 1, 2 16X16 interfaces
sync I/O.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:00 PM

Can only, of course, respond to the part of the story we are given:

"And here I am after thousand of dollars buying pro tools and thinking I had the best DW, I can't even use it to find a file,that was supposed to be in a session I am trying to reopen, wow."

Clearly a case of operator error, and not the fault of PT. (I've been bitten by this one once or twice too.)If there's ever a crash, it will reset preferences to default, and you have to go back in and re-select stuff like this.

Just trying to help, sir. Or at least I WAS. Glad you seem to have worked it out, though.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:

"And here I am after thousand of dollars buying pro tools and thinking I had the best DW, I can't even use it to find a file,that was supposed to be in a session I am trying to reopen, wow."

Clearly a case of operator error, and not the fault of PT. (I've been bitten by this one once or twice too.)If there's ever a crash, it will reset preferences to default, and you have to go back in and re-select stuff like this.

Just trying to help, sir. Or at least I WAS. Glad you seem to have worked it out, though.

Yeah, but you should have been asking what I did or didn't do before jumping to conclusions, with a statement like, clearly a case of operator error, I posted the part I wanted an answer to.

blue ray player
sync I/O.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2224 View Post

Yeah, but you should have been asking what I did or didn't do before jumping to conclusions, with a statement like, clearly a case of operator error, I posted the part I wanted an answer to.

The thing is you admitted a couple of posts back and before sw rec posted that it was operator error; he's not jumping to any conclusions. It's not necessary for him to ask what you did or didn't do when you posted that yourself.

QAPLA!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The thing is you admitted a couple of posts back and before sw rec posted that it was operator error; he's not jumping to any conclusions. It's not necessary for him to ask what you did or didn't do when you posted that yourself.
Since as you would like to take part in this blame game, first get you facts straight and show me where I said it was operators mistake, or my error,and again, he and now you are making assumtions, I don't know why it matters to you this much, but I am not here to have time wasteing conversation, I am stupid, lets leave it that way. Thanks.
blue ray player
sync I/O.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Since as you would like to take part in this blame game, first get you facts straight and show me where I said it was operators mistake, or my error,and again, he and now you are making assumtions, I don't know why it matters to you this much, but I am not here to have time wasteing conversation, I am stupid, lets leave it that way. Thanks.
Back in post #8 you said you found the files on another disk. Probably a disk you didn't even have turned on. Never said you were stupid - no one did. Just pointed out you were blaming PT when it wasn't even PT's/Avid's fault. The system worked as it should.

QAPLA!
Old 09-11-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Back in post #8 you said you found the files on another disk. Probably a disk you didn't even have turned on. Never said you were stupid - no one did. Just pointed out you were blaming PT when it wasn't even PT's/Avid's fault. The system worked as it should.
Yes I said that but I did not say where that disk was, again you are. Making assumtions AGAIN, it was on a usb stick, now can we end this??
blue ray player
sync I/O.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Yes I said that but I did not say where that disk was, again you are. Making assumtions AGAIN, it was on a usb stick, now can we end this??
All we can do is to make assumptions given the little info you gave us; you didn't even bother until now to tell us where you found it. And who are you to tell when a thread is to be ended? Post on a public forum and expect answers and questions. It ends when it ends.

QAPLA!
Old 09-11-2014, 01:57 PM

Trying to figure that one out too...why would some of the files be on the hard drive and some on a USB stick? My FINAL thought on this would be for you to back up a few suggestions and make SURE you have "copy files on import" checked in your preferences. Did you investigate that yet?
Old 09-14-2014, 09:50 AM

I calculate not....
Closed Thread