Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2011, 07:18 AM

Default Re: DAE error 35?

I'm also seeing DAE Error 35 today for the first time in 10 years with ProTools.

Session has only 1 audio track, rest of the session is Aux tracks used for mixing incoming audio in real time. System is a brand new 12 core Mac Pro (1 week old). The single audio track is a dummy track, only there to help keep track of automation edits.

I too find it a little frustrating that these error codes seem to mean pretty much nothing. You mention them expecting enlightenment, and just get blank looks in response. Is there any point to them at all? Avid may as well replace them with a single code that says "Error" for all the good they seem to do.

Jules
Old 08-21-2012, 09:42 AM

I just had a year and half old Seagate 7200.11 1TB die with no warning. lost some good sessions. They don't make drives like they used to i feel. and now getting the DAE 35 error trying to open session on another drive. backing up many sessions now.
Cleveland, OH
Old 08-21-2012, 10:43 AM

This error is typical of an underlying system error caused by a disk or file system corruption problem that OS X is barfing up through Pro Tools. Time get out the disk utility and scan all drives, do as much as you can. What does the smart status for all the drives say?

This is *not* the time to be thinking about backups, you really should have been taking them all the time, and what you may end up with now is a backup of some corrupted files. Certainly do not take older possibly good backups and overwriting them with a new (possibly corrupted) backup. Put any new backups on new media. If you restore a backup don't put it back onto the same suspect drive unless it's really appearing to run stable say after mapping out a bad block and running OK for a while.

And if you want more help you need to describe exactly what is going on as clearly as possible and exactly what your system and all the drives connected are and exactly what debugging steps/tests you have done. Start by reading the "Help us Help You--Read this befor posting" link at the top of this web page.

Darryl
Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 AM

Interesting stuff.

I had the same issues with my internal SATA.

I moved everything to another drive and all is well.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 AM

really freakin annoyed that avid is happy to let us wonder what the mysterious dae 35 error means...
things like this make me wanna toss PT in the bin and buy nuendo for post....
Old 12-14-2012, 11:11 AM

Amen! A comprehensive list of error codes and their meanings would be invaluable!