How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-04-2018, 05:53 AM

Default Re: It's 2017 and there's STILL no Plugin Manager in PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org View Post
I did find a "hidden shortcut" to add more than 2 to your favorites list here by holding down the Command key. I didn't try it yet though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
I would plus one a built in plugin manager, and one that also allows us to rename plugins and put them in custom groups. Would be wonderful. Not a deal breaker, but a workflow improver for sure!

Little tip.. this is how i manage my waves bundle plugins.. i go to my waves application folder, manually created a plugins unused folder there, and move the waves plugins from apps/waves/plug-ins V9 to the unused folder.. this way I have been able to de clutter the massive sprawling waves menu in PT.. and remove things like Q10 entirely that I would never use, for example, which takes up like 6 menu slots on it's own.

Both of these are great tips thanks for posting

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 07-31-2020, 01:06 AM

this is still SO relevant. having no custom folders with a ton of plugins makes a MESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
I would plus one a built in plugin manager, and one that also allows us to rename plugins and put them in custom groups. Would be wonderful. Not a deal breaker, but a workflow improver for sure!

Little tip.. this is how i manage my waves bundle plugins.. i go to my waves application folder, manually created a plugins unused folder there, and move the waves plugins from apps/waves/plug-ins V9 to the unused folder.. this way I have been able to de clutter the massive sprawling waves menu in PT.. and remove things like Q10 entirely that I would never use, for example, which takes up like 6 menu slots on it's own.

@WombatStudio I will check out the offline third party plug in manager, thanks for the tip, hope it works with PT12 and sierra.

offline is a decent idea as a workaround indeed. But, in OSX, i just create a two tabbed window anyway, and move the stuff i don't' want from plugins to unused. This doesn't work for waves of course as there is only one aax wave shell component (or 2 or 3 depending on how many waves plugins installed), which is why i came up with the little workaround to move them in waves app folder itself.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:12 AM

It's 2021 and there's STILL no Plugin Manager in PT

Every other DAW has it.

Old 03-07-2021, 03:35 AM

Plugin managers only check signing of plugin, but it may still behave badly. So what does it help other than notifies you this and that plugin needs to be updated? Badly behaving plugin may still pass the test and cause havoc simply being loaded into memory.

Finder has been good enough plugin manager here, actually prefer it over Logic's AU validation that kicks in just when I don't need another coffee break.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:56 AM

I didn't realize I was replying to PT 12.

I just want to hide plugins in the menu. The search option is great, but I still want to clean up the menu. I find that the less options I have the better results I get. My Pro Tools is so full of options now it's slowing down my workflow. I'd love to be able to disable other features too... meaning, just hide them away from the GUI.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:02 AM

You need to move the plugins out of plugins folder and store in unised plugins folder. That is the only way of removing from plugin menu.

Have you been using so called plugin favorites? You can have few most jsed plugins appear top of list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2021, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Have you been using so called plugin favorites? You can have few most jsed plugins appear top of list
I don't use it anymore, because it was a mess of a list.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
You need to move the plugins out of plugins folder and store in unised plugins folder. That is the only way of removing from plugin menu.
I've been doing that today. However, I can't seem to remove any Avid plugins. After I move them into an Unused folder, when Pro Tools launches it puts them back.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewHarrison View Post
I've been doing that today. However, I can't seem to remove any Avid plugins. After I move them into an Unused folder, when Pro Tools launches it puts them back.
The core plugins are stored within the PT app, if you want to get rid of them you need to hack the PT app, which is of course unsupported procedure. Once you get rid of them from PT app then PT has no way of copying them back.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:34 AM

I see you are on Mac, so the "hack" goes like this. Right-click the PT application and choose "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to Contents / PlugIns / Core Plug-Ins folder and delete whatever you do not wish to be copied to plugin folder at every PT launch.