Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2010, 09:06 PM

Default how do I download PT9 crossgrade from LE8 purchased from Guitar Center?

I just bought from my local Guitar Center the Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade from LE8 (the download version---not the one with the DVDs). The only thing I received from GC is the receipt which has the product License Number on it. I also bought an iLok, which I have now registered and so now have an iLok User ID.

There must be some place on the Avid site where I can punch in that License number, my 003Rack serial number, plus my iLock ID---and then be able to download the software. But for the life of me I can't find it.

Thanks in avance for any help!

Jack Prewitt
Rochester, NY
Old 12-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Default Re: how do I download PT9 crossgrade from LE8 purchased from Guitar Center?

OK!

I THINK I FOUND THE ANSWER(S) IN the Pro Tools Software Installation Guide v9.0 .

If this doesn't work I'll let you know!

Jack