How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2010, 11:10 AM

Default Profile fader layout is different to what is show on the screen

Hi All,

I am covering a monitor gig for someone on a Profile and for a reason i cannot work out, certain faders on the Profile's control surface are showing completely different channels to those which the D-Show software says should be on those faders.

For example, the first 2 channels in bank A in the software are my 2 kick mics, and they show up on virtual faders 1 and 2 in the software. But on the control surface, faders 1 and 2 are showing up as some of the BV's from elsewhere. Faders 3-8 are showing the right channels, but this is happening sporadically down the board. They also stay on the same channels when i change banks, so i'm assuming the previous engineer managed to both move and safe them in some way, but i have never seen it before and i was wondering if someone can shed any light. Currently i can only get to my kick channels with the mouse and screen which is getting tiresome! We are on version 2.8.5.241

Thanks,

Edd
Old 07-01-2010, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Profile fader layout is different to what is show on the screen

Ok a bit more investigation has revealed the channels are sticking to what they would be in bank B, so faders 1-2 always show channels 25/26 no matter what bank is selected, yet most of the rest of the channels are behaving as expected.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:34 PM

In Options change the safe mode to show Bank Safe, take the channels out of safe, all should be well.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Avid

Hi,

The option you're looking for is on the Interactions tab of of the Options page. Choose "Act as Bank Safes", then go to the channel strip and turn off the Safe button in order to un-safe the channel.

Sheldon
Old 07-03-2010, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the help guys. This was indeed the problem, but as the last person had set this up and then changed the safe button to automation, it was hidden away and i would never have found it!

Cheers!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:29 PM

We use the bank safes for alternates here. We change the the mode back to automation safe to stop the aggravating blinking safe light.