How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2014, 01:36 AM

Default Live Recording Mackie 16 channels into 16 PT channels

I have recently started taking my MacBook Pro on the road along with a Focusrite 18i8. My aim was to record live straight into PT v10 and mix/ master at home in PT.
I have had some success but also encountered a few issues. I got some great signals directly from venue mixers RCA record out. But I'm relying on the house mixer so ideally I want my own signal. I tried using insert sends with the jack half in and I got a signal but if the gain staging is not right the signal strength is too low.
So my question. What Mixer will allow me to run single signals for each mixer channel directly into my Focusrite. Do I need a mixer with a designated line out per channel or could I still use the insert out provided I was controlling the gain ( use a splitter and take my own signals to my own mixer). I'm just trying to record live and mix in Pro tools. Currently looking at a Mackie CR1604-ZLZ 16.
If anyone has a tried and tested solution id be grateful.