Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-15-2018, 01:02 AM

Default Help - Glitches, freezes and crashes - elevenrack.sys

I have an AMD FX6100 Windows 10Pro system with 16GB of RAM. I am trying to use my Eleven Rack as my sole audio interface with my KRK Rockit monitors. I have a condenser mic plugged into the pre of the 11 and the stereo outs from a synth plugged into the line ins. I am having an issue where audio from a source like YouTube usually plays back fine but if I load a game like CoD the audio will start out fine then start to get really choppy, then everything will freeze for sometimes a minute or more before eventually moving again briefly before freezing again and eventually I will get a BSoD listing elevenrack.sys as the problem. Sometimes even YouTube audio will cause this. If I turn of the Eleven while the system is frozen it will unfreeze. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers several times to no avail. What is causing this and what can I do to fix it? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:48 AM

As discussed on DUC in many hundreds of previous posts.... don’t do this. Set your DAW to exclusively use the interface and Windows Sound to use your PCs built in audio device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Help - Glitches, freezes and crashes - elevenrack.sys

The problem is I want to monitor the inputs of the 11R without having to launch a DAW, load a project and assign inputs to tracks. I have the analogue outs of a synth plugged into the rear line ins of the 11R that I want to monitor and I want to be able to use the mic in for Skype calls. I don't want to have to go out and spend hundreds on an entire other multichannel interface for these purposes when the 11R already has all the inputs I need. On paper the 11R is the only piece of gear I need. Why is it unable to function stably in this application?
PS: Yes I am aware that you cannot normally monitor all inputs of the 11R simultaneously outside of a DAW but I use a program called Voice Meeter (yes that's how they spell it) to allow me to assign all the ins and outs however I need.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:59 AM

Oh and I also don't want to have to rewire my setup every time I want to play a game or make a call or play my synth or guitar. If I use the 11R exclusively with a DAW and a separate sound card for everything else then I would constantly have to physically unplug my monitors and reroute them from the 11R to the other card and then back again when I'm done.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:12 PM

If you want to use the Eleven Rack exclusively for windows you can. You should not set it up for that and also try to use it with a DAW. That is likely the beginning and end of the advice about that you will get about this on DUC.

What you want and what you may need to do to get a stable DAW system are two different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 03:16 PM

At this point my priority is having it run stable with windows. I don't see how it can run stably in either situation but not both? What is the difference? What is set differently to make it run properly with windows vs a DAW?
Old 01-16-2018, 02:06 PM

I do want to run the 11R as my primary windows interface and not for running a DAW. You say this is possible but what do I need to do to make it work? Thanks again.